2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Bingo....I've said that for two years now. Weakest link in the entire organization.
    gotta keep a scapegoat.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      gotta keep a scapegoat.
      No....that would be the old cuban.

Comment

Bingo....I've said that for two years now. Weakest link in the entire organization.
        Disagree, but you already know that

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
          I just don't see the Stros pitching holding up. Still pretty weak in the bull pen and haven't found a closer that u know of. Need one of those sleepers that NY seems to find constantly.
          I don't think the SP will hold up either. I think the Astros front office knows this and that's why they didn't pull the trigger on any of the TOR pitchers that were available since that trade would have seen our depth at pitcher evaporate. I think we are going to need Musgrove and Martes to come up big time by the end of the year.

Best case scenario is one or two of our young pitchers forcing their way into the rotation with a healthy Keuchel and McCullers.

Comment

No....that would be the old cuban.
            Nope.. hes not a scapegoat... hes a itoldyouso

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              Disagree, but you already know that

So far Im right. If he ever gets them to the World Series, I will take my crow with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                I don't think the SP will hold up either. I think the Astros front office knows this and that's why they didn't pull the trigger on any of the TOR pitchers that were available since that trade would have seen our depth at pitcher evaporate. I think we are going to need Musgrove and Martes to come up big time by the end of the year.

Best case scenario is one or two of our young pitchers forcing their way into the rotation with a healthy Keuchel and McCullers.
                I think Luhnow thinks this team will be in contention, if not leading the division at the trade deadline. I believe this is when he will bring in a veteran pitcher. Musgrove or Martes could alter that but I still think he makes a trade for an established veteran pitcher near the trade deadline.

Comment

Programming alert for you Astros fans - Astros v. Mets at 8:00 PM on the MLB Network.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
                    Programming alert for you Astros fans - Astros v. Mets at 8:00 PM on the MLB Network.
                    Im putting money on it that they win.

Comment

Me too

Comment

Anyone remember last year that the Astros put Keuchel and McCullers on an individualized throwing program in the offseason and during Spring Training? You remember how that worked out for both pitchers last season? Well this year they added McHugh to the program as well......guess who already has a sore shoulder and dead arm?

Comment

Ahhh crap

Comment

In this year....Go stros!

Comment

Let's go Stros!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                In this year....Go stros!
                                Come on.....Smart will even scoot over and make room for you on the wagon.

Comment

Working...
                                X