Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitchers and catchers report today. New spring training digs look fantastic

Comment

It's going to be a great year, is anyone else planning on going to Opening Day?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Saved..BECAUSE I AM A CLOSET ASTROS FAN AND ONLY HIDE IT BECAUSE I LIVE IN DALLAS
        I knew it...
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
          I just don't see the Stros pitching holding up. Still pretty weak in the bull pen and haven't found a closer that u know of. Need one of those sleepers that NY seems to find constantly.
          Unfortunately I agree with this. They whiffed big time on strengthening the starting rotation. If that goes down i.e. Keuchel, McCullers they're in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
            Unfortunately I agree with this. They whiffed big time on strengthening the starting rotation. If that goes down i.e. Keuchel, McCullers they're in trouble.

That's my concern as well. I just don't see the pitching staff being World Series level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Go Yanks!! Even SI had them winning the WS last year. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                I think you are looking for the Ranger thread...

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                  My bad. Lol
                  Last edited by zztex; 02-15-2017, 04:30 PM. Reason: Mistake. Lol

Comment

With Mccullers and Keuchel coming back from injury we should be good. Martes, D-Vo, and Musgroves are all going to push for a rotation spot. I wouldn't be against a 6 man rotation to start the year to give our guys more rest. Our bullpen is fine, we struggled with the closer spot last year but that is over. Hinch announced Giles is the closer, I think the reassurance will be good for him. His second half wasn't bad. Will Harris will likely be our 8th inning guy, but Gregerson could do that as well. Sipp will hopefully bounce back, look for Gustave to be in the bullpen down the stretch.

Comment

Surprised to see Hinch say EITHER Kuechel OR McCullers would start opening day depending on how they did in spring training.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                        Surprised to see Hinch say EITHER Kuechel OR McCullers would start opening day depending on how they did in spring training.
                        I'm not, both of those guys want it, make them earn it. Don't get me wrong, I think Kuechel is the better of the two, but they both sucked last year. I think it should be open to any starter.

Comment

Got a chance to watch and do a little more 'research' on the old Cuban..
                          I still think hes 40+ .. , still don't think hes worth $40+M , but I do think...
                          IF he can stay healthy.. he'll be a asset. (yes I said it...)
                          I hope he can...
                          this was the peak year they've been building towards... wont get any better than this for this group. (most definitely wont be getting any cheaper...)

All the pieces are there (hopefully with some pitching additions to be named later)..
                          Go Stros!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            I still think hes 40+ .. , still don't think hes worth $40+M , but I do think...
                            I hope he can...
                            this was the peak year they've been building towards... wont get any better than this for this group. (most definitely wont be getting any cheaper...)

All the pieces are there (hopefully with some pitching additions to be named later)..
                            Go Stros!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              I hope he can...

Go Stros!
                              Everything but a manager...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Everything but a manager...
                                Bingo....I've said that for two years now. Weakest link in the entire organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X