Rucking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rucking question

I looked through the rucking post but didn’t see the answer I was looking for. My question is, what are you guys using for weight? I don’t want to buy the ruck plates are they are pricy, figured you guys came up with homemade methods.

I'm using a sack of corn, I just poured some out. About to upgrade to a full 50 lbs sack

Comment

When I was in the Army we used everything...bricks, rocks, sand bags, ammo cans, dumbbells, whatever we could find. Just weigh whatever and as long as it’s durable pack it.

Comment

Sand bags wrapped in duct tape were the go to when I was in. It's nice to have compact weight you can keep tight to your back though. Plates are definitely the way to go if you can get em cheap. Look on CL for used weight plates, may be you'll get lucky.

Comment

I use this set of sand bags. Lets you remove or add as you need. Plenty small enough to fit into a pack and doesn't leak.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

80lb sack of concrete wrapped in a trash bag or duct tape is pretty easy and cheap. I use bumper plate because I already have them. Avoid steel plates if you dont want to rub holes in your pack.

Comment

sand bags, I wrap them up in plastic trash bags too

Comment

Next time... just ask on the thread...

Sand bags wrapped with tape. Bricks wrapped in tape. Dumbbells. Barbell weight plates wrapped in old clothes. Anything that gets your weight up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X