X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What specs on your solar panel?

You buy this power cable from Spartan?

Comment

This is what I ordered. I hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would this work for you ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          I asked the guy who owns Spartan when he thought the new battery boxes would be available for purchase. He said sometime in March. As soon as I get my hands on one I'll post up some pics & details about the final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Is this the one you are talking about?

Shop Spartan Camera Dual Cable Battery Box | 20% Off Be The First To Review Spartan Camera Dual Cable Battery Box + Free Shipping over $49.

Comment

Yes, that’s the one. That price is wrong. It’ll be either $79 or $89, I don’t remember which. I think they’ll be selling them in the next few weeks.

I’ve been testing/using one for several months and have another on the way. I really like them. No issues so far.

Comment

Yes, that’s the one. That price is wrong. It’ll be either $79 or $89, I don’t remember which. I think they’ll be selling them in the next few weeks.

I’ve been testing/using one for several months and have another on the way. I really like them. No issues so far.

Awesome thank you for the quick response!

Comment

Seems expensive without a solar panel and battery. Can build one for half that price after you buy battery and panel on that rig.

I may look into rigging 2 up like I do my Covert setups, for 2 spartans I am about to have.

For my coverts I run 4 of the same setups. No issues! 12AA rechargeables, 10w solar panel, 12v battery, ammo box, and 12/6v convertor cord. Every issue I have with the cord Covert has replaced them with no questions asked.

Since they had that bad batch of those 12/6v cords I have had very few issues with it.

I am about to get 2 Spartans: I think I may look at just doing a 6v rig. 6V 7AH battery, 5watt 6v solar panel, ammo box, and a power cord to plug into camera from the battery
                Last edited by gingib; 04-13-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I think you can build most anything yourself for about half price of what you pay retail. ;-)

Comment

I think you can build most anything yourself for about half price of what you pay retail. ;-)

LMAO. Good point

I see now it has a built in controller so that is part of the cost, as with my 12v method a good controller is not cheap.

Comment

Does anyone know how big of a 6v solar panel you can go on a 6v 7-12AH battery without needing a controller?

On a 12v panel, with my 10w panel I need a controller. On my 5w panel I do not.

Just don't know how it works when going down to a 6v panel and the numbers

Comment

Spartan GoCam: solar panel & battery help

One thing I do like about the battery box is you use can use a 12v panel with either a 6v or 12v battery.

Comment

Recommendation on the battery box is a 10w panel.

Comment

This is what I run. Got the complete kit made for the Spartan. Works well so far.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X