• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the big 8 I saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for doe pics

Comment

Hope you beat the coyotes to your doe. Sounds like an awesome hunt so far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We are heading to my lease the end of this week in linn county. The highs for Friday are in the mid 40s with snow flurries.

Comment

Man your Killen it, find the doe?

Comment

Sounds like you need to cut down on some Yotes while at it too! Good luck

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Comment

Those are some big does! Good luck today with the bucks.

Comment

Settled in and ready to go

Got a 4 mph S wind and it's 42 degrees, deer should be moving

Took us about 30-45 min last night to find my doe

4 doe came through an opening and they were on top of me quick, pulled bow off hanger and grabbed range finder by the time first doe was through my shooting lane

Ranged second doe @ 30 but she was smaller so I was gonna wait on 3rd doe cause she looked like a small horse, as she crossed opening I tried to draw and safety harness was in my way due to the hard angle I was shooting back at, made an adjustment and decided doe # 4 would do

Grunted to stop her and let one fly, shot looked great right behind shoulder, but I was surprised to see her drop and it made a louder thump than usual, she got up after a couple seconds and took off toward where they came from, I could see the majority of my arrow hanging out of her as she was running away

Didn't know what to think but i knew the hit was hard so I stayed hopeful

Started looking for blood after dark and didn't find any until about 40 yes into the track, very small amounts but looked like lung blood, the blood got a little better and then we found the arrow, about 3/4 of the arrow was soaked in blood and the 100 gr grim reaper whitetail special was bent, I figured I had maybe hit a rib dead on or something, Anyway found blood one more time about 50 yds past arrow, she was on a trail in some thick stuff and really only had one direction to go so I just kept following out the trail which eventually led me to a creek, talked to my buddies that were loading up the other doe and we decided to back out and wait until this morning after we hunt to find her so we wouldn't push any bucks out of the area, at that point I pulled up my map and decided since I was already 300 yds deep into the track that I would try to walk out in the direction that I thought made most since for her to be, to the east was uphill and into a cut corn field, west of me was the creek bottom and thick brush so I chose to follow out the creek to the left

As I was getting back closer to my lumenok that I had stuck in the ground at last blood I came around a bend in the creek and could see a good ways down the creek to another bend and there she lay in the water

Shot ended up being behind the shoulder and a little high, double lung shot if she would have been broadside but i take it she was quartered to me a lot more than I realized cause the arrow hit the offside back leg and broke it, she ended up making it about 120 yds from where I shot her

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Congrats on the does and good luck!!

Comment

I'm in

It's sunny and 60 degrees

15 mph NW wind, my tree is swaying with the wind and I'm about to have a heartattack

Please do not tell my wife haha

Got in about 3 and @ 330 I had a good up and comer jog by headed east to west with his head down grunting

If anything good comes from the wind maybe at least it will keep the big boys inside/hugging the tree lines

I saw 4 shooters this morning, large framed white horned 10 @ first light slipping into CRP north of me, had an encounter with the biggest 8 I've ever seen, he won't score good but i could careless about score, he's prolly 20 wide with dark horns and tall, his main beams go out about 4-5 inches then curve straight up, side profile looks like crab claws

Saw another mature 9 or 10 with a funky left side and a solid 8 came into scrape line but headed away from me

Comment

Good luck this afternoon. Seems like youre in the right spot.

Comment

Hope

Comment

Working...
                                X