No announcement yet.

Isla Mujeres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been 25 years since I was there so I'm sure it's more commercialized now but it was good place to relax and enjoy your time. There is trip you can take that will allow you to swim with the whale sharks in the area and there was a reef close to shore for snorkelling.

Comment

place I went to recover from major surgery, very much a laid back place

Comment

I took the ferry there once. Had enough in about 5 hrs. Wasn't my thing... but I wasn't 50 either

I did manage to blowup a golf cart as far away as you could get and flag down a taxi to get back

Beach bars were nice and relaxing

Comment

Thank you for all the replies. We love the more laid back type places. Don't really want anything commercialized and that's why we picked it. Another friend has been and told us it was very laid back.

Keep em coming, wish it was September already!

Comment

My family and I are going Thanksgiving week. Haven't been since 1997, I'm sure a lot has changed. Let us know how your trip goes.

Comment

South part and east part of the island are less packed and more open. Make sure you drive to the south tip and look around. Check out the shell house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We went a couple of years ago for a good friend's wedding. Our days consisted of breakfast buffet at the resort, followed by relaxing on the beach with a few drinks and a light lunch, then riding around the island in the late afternoons/early evenings on the golf cart stopping at all the different bars having more drinks and appetizers/dinner. Back at the resort around 8-9. Rinse. Repeat.

Comment

I think it is awesome that you still have 7 high school buddies to go with! Must be a pretty tight knit group. I am jealous!

Comment

Went in Feb for our honeymoon, we didn't get too far from the resort very often, but the few times we did, we made sure to stop at the soggy peso for bloody Mary's. Very small, relaxed bar on the water. There is a reef to dive at, they called it the statues I believe, didn't make it diving. Fishing is awesome, book it in advance. Other than that, lay around on the beach and relax. A few pics from Feb
                    Soggy peso

Golf cart ride

From our balcony

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

The family and I are heading down there in july! its our favorite place on Earth!! I think you can circle the whole Island on a golf cart in 45 minutes! Never ate a bad meal there, its just laid back little island. We usually rent a house instead of hotel. Awesome lagoon to hangout and swim in at the end of north beach. The only hotel ive stayed in there s the Mia Reef. we enjoyed it there as well. its not really a party place. we always enjoy!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I love the Soggy Peso! when the wife and kids find a activity, I go there for some killer margaritas and the food is pretty good as well! the wife is not always happy when I return(Did I mention the Margaritas are Killer?!)

Comment

reminds me of Porta Morelas - very similar and laid back

Comment

is it like an all inclusive or just rent a house type thing? we just got back from playa and are already looking for somewhere next yr!

Comment

Just rent a house and eat out for breakfast, snack for lunch and have a good dinner. This island is nothing like the all inclusives in Cancun or playa del Carmen. great food pretty much anywhere you go. The house we are renting this year has a cook come and make you breakfast. www.vrbo.com. we do this because when we go we have 6-10 people with us.

not saying food not good at the all inclusives in Playa or cancun, but when we stayed at all inclusive in Isla they didn't really comprehend the all inclusive idea! besides we have too many places we like to go and eat
                                Last edited by PoohDaddy; 05-09-2017, 01:20 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Working...
                                X