I committed a Level 3 bad neighbor violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I committed a Level 3 bad neighbor violation

Thank goodness it’s over because it was embarrassing. My son and I each killed an axis two weekends ago, and I had both on ice in big 120qt coolers. The carcasses were essentially whole, except we’d quartered the back legs off my buck to get it to fit. I normally let them sit on ice 7-10 days, but since we’re going on vacation this weekend and have a busy week, I butchered them on Sunday. I generally just debone the meat and save the backstrap/tenders and that’s it. Knocked that out no problem, and then...

The scraps and carcass sat in a black trash can in the summer heat for THREE DAYS before the trash came and got them. Even double bagged and sealed as best I could do, the smell was horrifying. The number of flies swarming the trash was something that I’m sure National Geographic would have liked to film. Even after I put a bag over the lid of the can and dumped bleach all over it you still couldn’t get within 20 feet of it without gagging. I had to throw away the clothes I wore when I rolled the can to the street because we couldn’t risk the stench from getting on the other clothes in the wash.

What’s worse is that we live in a very domesticated neighborhood and my neighbors driveway is 3 feet from mine. He began parking his vehicles in the street. People walking their dogs turned around as they approached our house. It was so bad my wife actually waited for nightfall to come home so she wouldn’t have to face the neighborhood.

Finally, yesterday arrived. I wrote a huge apology note to the trash men and promised never to do it again. Thankfully they took the disgusting rotted mess and didn’t retaliate by throwing our can in the middle of the street.

While I was still at work, my wife confirmed that the trash had been taken, then texted me a pic of dish soap and bleach with a demand for ice cream for putting up with my dumb ***. I’ve never scrubbed a trash can before, but I did last night. Fortunately, the can doesn’t stink, and the whole ordeal is over. If I can get any of our neighbors to talk to us again I will apologize profusely for negatively impacting the home values on the street.

From now on, I’m gonna put the carcass back on ice until the day of the trash, you know like what should have been freakin’ obvious to me in the first place.

Why? I do about 200 Euro's a year and I chunk every scrap in the cans when I have time to skin them out, etc. Its trash, its going to stink lol

Comment

NASA is hiring if your interested.

Comment

Or you could do what I do although I only do it with dove carcasses, but they stink the same. I take them in a plastic bag to work and throw them away in the outside trash can right next to where the smokers smoke. If I have to smell you smoke 365 days a year, I get a few weeks of payback every September.

Comment

Austin is doing curb side composting now and we just got our can. So now everybody's house in our hood has fly magnet, death smell generator outside the door.

Comment

I keep any scraps in my freezer until trash morning.

Reminds me I have some fish scraps I need to add to the trash tomorrow morning.

Comment

bag it, freeze it and put in trashcan the day of pickup

Comment

So you're the one that everyone on the NextDoor app is buzzing about. There is an active petition to get you removed from the 'hood via the HOA rules.

Comment

My buddy was taking a ram head to the taxidermist and left it in his car until he got off of work in 100 degree heat. He couldn't get his head far enough out the window to drive it for the next couple weeks. ha ha ha

Comment

A) Trash stinks
                    B) Trashmen get paid to haul away Trash.
                    C) **** the neighbors. They pay your mortgage they can tell you how to package your trash.
                    D) I keep a giant bottle of pinesol in the garage precisely for 'cleaning' the trash cans when they get to the point i gag taking them to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by orlybow View Post
                      bag it, freeze it and put in trashcan the day of pickup
                      This is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                        Why? I do about 200 Euro's a year and I chunk every scrap in the cans when I have time to skin them out, etc. Its trash, its going to stink lol
                        Do you live in suburbia USA? If so I bet your neighbors are happy with you. lol

Comment

Ive had 30 buzzards circling my house and a good 10 sitting all over my fences last season in a similar situation. There was no hiding that it was my house that was for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                            My buddy was taking a ram head to the taxidermist and left it in his car until he got off of work in 100 degree heat. He couldn't get his head far enough out the window to drive it for the next couple weeks. ha ha ha
                            Not everyone gets the common sense gene

Comment

The OP wanted to do the right thing and felt remorseful about others having to smell the stink. I’d much rather live next to a man that makes a regretful mistake than others who DGAS.

Comment

Working...
                              X