Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ammo do you carry in your micro 9mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ammo do you carry in your micro 9mm?

The reviews seem to agree that Federal HST, Gold Dot, and Winchester Ranger T are the best, but none of them come out on top in testing all the time, and the HST and Ranger are very hard to find. What do you use in your carry gun?

All I've carried has been Federal HST +P since the day i started carrying. Most people I talked to including LEO carry the same.

Comment

I don't have confidence in the federal rounds after they failed to penetrate the neck of a mulie doe at 1 yard

Comment

Speer Gold Dot G2

Comment

Hornady critical defense.
          Runs smoothly, supposably designed for short barreled guns, and easy to find.
          Im no expert by any means tho

Comment

Gold Dot, but I'm interested in trying out NovX

Comment

Gold dot. And don’t go heavy. Those 147 don’t preform. Stay in the teens and much better results on soft targets
              Last edited by glen; 07-17-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Hornady 124 xtp +p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Federal HST 124+P. I buy the 50 rd boxes online, and its considerably cheaper than you see in the stores.

Comment

Federal 147 GR HST in both my full size 4.5" XDm and the little 3.3" XDs.

Here is a good video if you have some time to kill that may help you make a decision.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8gm7ZTkDxc"]9mm Standard Pressure Ammo Tests (Gold Dot, HST, Critical Duty, XTP) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Gold dot. And don’t go heavy. Those 147 don’t preform. Stay in the teens and much better results on soft targets
                      Not nessacarily true, depends in barrel length, in a short barrel a heavier Bullet will expand better than a smaller faster +p round, I carry federal hst jhp micro in the 150gr it out performs in penetration and expansion compared to 120's

Comment

115grain Hornady Critical Defense
                        124grain Federal HST.

Comment

i have been carrying longer than some of these guys have been alive,,, 37 years now,,,, with a 9mm nothing is a sure thing,,,, mixed weights will give you the best possible chance against whatever the target turns out to be,,, the lightest fastest round you can get first,, especially in summer when clothes are thinner,, in winter go to a heavier bullet because some jackets can reduce penetration from a light round,,,,, think about 115 hp+p,, 124 gr +p, then 147 gr+p for summer then 124, 147 and 115 in winter,,, i prefer 2, 2, then 2, all the way through the mag,,,,, but only as long as all the rounds will group very tightly at 15-20 yards,,,, if not get rid of the ugly duck first

Comment

Good read here. I carry 124 HST.

Comment

In the Glock 43 124gr Cor-bon, in the PF9 147gr Golden Saber and 102gr Golden Saber in the Ruger 380.

Comment

Working...
                              X