Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1% chance to win a 2018 truck-what would you do

Here's my situation- what would you do?
    100.3 the bull and Mac Haik are giving away a chance to win a 2018 centennial Chevy Silverado. I was caller #10 the other day so I won 1 of the 100 chances so in theory I have a 1% chance of winning. The problem is the drawing is on July 28th and we have a family vacation from July 22-31st. The rules say that I have to be there in person and can't transfer it to someone else. Our vacation spot would require me to drive 4.5 hrs, fly 3 hrs back to Houston.

What would you do?

My poker brain says the odds don't warrant a call.

Comment

With a 99% chance I won't win, I'd enjoy my vacation and not give it a second thought.

Comment

go on vacation and make preparations to hurry my butt back to claim the truck if I won!

Comment

Go on vacation and forget about the truck.

Comment

100% chance to save the 1,500 dollars in travel + time away from your family vs a 1% chance of winning a new truck........ depending on how bad you need a new truck I would take the 100% option all day

Comment

For me I would go on Vacation, but if you are like my Mom or my Son (My mother won a car and my son gets drawn on everything, I missed the lucky gene) I would see about moving Vacation

Comment

I wouldn't have called into the radio station knowing I was going to be on vacation when they drew the truck. But since the deed has been done I would enjoy my vacation, if your there you aren't going to win and if your on vacation you are so might as well just chalk it up to a loss either way and not stress about it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                  My poker brain says the odds don't warrant a call.
                  Originally posted by JBT View Post
                  100% chance to save the 1,500 dollars in travel + time away from your family vs a 1% chance of winning a new truck........ depending on how bad you need a new truck I would take the 100% option all day
                  Pot - $40k
                  Odds - 1 in 100

Doesn't make sense from an odds perspective until your expected loss is less than $400... and the bet is still on 1 in 100 odds.

Forget the truck and go on vacation.

Comment

Do you win all the time? If so, your luck might have run its course. If you never win, maybe you are due for one. Glad I could be of assistance.

Comment

Chevy???? Naa! Go vacation!

Comment

too bad you don't know the other contestants. if so, you could offer to no show for $100 each to increase their odds

Comment

Go on the vacation and don’t think about it again, 99% not getting it

Comment

vacation

Comment

Screw that drawing...go on vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X