Local School Talks of Arming Teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local School Talks of Arming Teachers

Saw on the news a local school district in the East Tx area soliciting feedback from parents on possible arming of teachers. Not overly surprised we are getting to this level of discussion & consideration. I’m sure there will be pros & cons on the subject with different perspectives.

West Hardin school already does. They had a sign posted last year saying teachers are armed.

Comment

Yep, times are a changing! Gotta deaux whatever it takes to make a dent in this non sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of schools in Texas are already arming teachers and several have already been doing it for several years

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Already done here as well. I think it’s wonderful!

Comment

Will the librarians get silencers?

Comment

My mom carries at her school already.

Comment

Huffman just announced they were going to as well. Sent a letter out at the end of the school year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

So for those schools that do I wonder how it’s done? Non disclosed on who carries? Same individuals or alternates? Do students know who is carrying? Training requirements?

Comment

Our school has been for two years.

Comment

Its a better idea than saying you have a school police department which doesn’t have officers at each school. Then you say how trained they are and that you have measures in for an adequate response time.

What is an acceptable or adequate response time when you don’t have an officer on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        So for those schools that do I wonder how it’s done? Non disclosed on who carries? Same individuals or alternates? Do students know who is carrying? Training requirements?
                        The school marshall program is the way to go. It's a program where school teachers and administrators receive ongoing training, as opposed to just allowing a CHL holder to carry on campus.

Comment

Carthage has certified teachers and coaches that are armed. It's not made public who has them

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                            Huffman just announced they were going to as well. Sent a letter out at the end of the school year.

My kids are in college now - but I’m all for this!

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                              My kids are in college now - but I’m all for this!
                              Yes sir! Im all for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X