Dodge Mega Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge Mega Cab

Starting the search for my next truck, and I’m considering a mega cab. Looking for opinions from those who have driven them. Do you notice the length vs. a crew cab short bed? How do you like the added space? Anyone have a mega cab with the 6.4L? Any thing you dislike about them?

Currently, I have a Chevy 2500HD crew cab with the short bed. I think the mega cab will be a similar length being my truck has front and rear replacement bumpers that stick out a decent amount. According to online specs the mega cab is 248.4” vs. the Chevy that is 239.5” w/o the rear bumper included. I think my bumpers make up that 9” difference.

Edit: Measured my Chevy, it’s a tick over 250”.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SoTXAg06; 06-18-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comfortable!

Comment

I have had 1 since they 1st came out. The last 2 have had the 5.7 hemi. I don't think I could go back to a crew cab. Keep saying I am to get the 8ft bed, but I use the inside so much and it is so comfortable for passengers, I don't see me not having a mega. I have plenty of power for my usage. I have pulled a 27 ft travel trailer and no issues to me. My 1st mega had a 5.9 cummins so I do know the difference. I will probably buy another in a couple of years and will go for a gas engine again. For ME, I don't need or want a diesel. As far as difference in it and a shortbed , I can't help. Always had longbed trucks before megas. If they offered the mega in a longbed, I would have one.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        I have had 1 since they 1st came out. The last 2 have had the 5.7 hemi. I don't think I could go back to a crew cab. Keep saying I am to get the 8ft bed, but I use the inside so much and it is so comfortable for passengers, I don't see me not having a mega. I have plenty of power for my usage. I have pulled a 27 ft travel trailer and no issues to me. My 1st mega had a 5.9 cummins so I do know the difference. I will probably buy another in a couple of years and will go for a gas engine again. For ME, I don't need or want a diesel. As far as difference in it and a shortbed , I can't help. Always had longbed trucks before megas. If they offered the mega in a longbed, I would have one.

What kind of mileage do you get? I know that’s kind of a dumb question for a big truck, but curious minds and all.

Comment

I've got a 2006 Megacab with the 5.9 Cummins. I love the extra space in the cab. The extra length is definitely noticeable (compared to the short bed quad cab I had previously.

Comment

My truck is leveled and has 315/70/17's.
            I drive like the old man I am. Going 70mph get right around 12-13 on hwy. 9- 10 in town.
            I normally drive 65 & get right at 14 on the hwy. Run it 75+ and get 11- 12 on hwy.

Comment

There is a company that will convert your short bed mega cab into a long bed mega cab.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                There is a company that will convert your short bed mega cab into a long bed mega cab.
                Yep, looked into it right after I bought it. It was 5000+ for it. Don't need the xtra 2 ft that bad. Lol!

Comment

What years were the mega cabs made ?

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Yep, looked into it right after I bought it. It was 5000+ for it. Don't need the xtra 2 ft that bad. Lol!

I think 2006 to the current year model.

Comment

I'm on my second one now. First was a 2010 and the new one is a 2017. My next one will be another mega cab. My kids love it. They can recline the back seats for comfort and have plenty of room for all their stuff on long trips. I had a lease member several years ago that was 6'8" and 400lbs. He would fight over the back seat when we would go places. He said there was more room in the back...

Comment

I have a 2013 with the 6.7 cummins. I love the extra space inside. When you lay the rear seats flat, you have a good 4'x7' interior storage compartment. When trying to keep stuff dry, it is a lifesaver *assuming you dont have a bed cover.

The truck has been great for me so far....no issues as I approach 150K miles (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                          I have a 2013 with the 6.7 cummins. I love the extra space inside. When you lay the rear seats flat, you have a good 4'x7' interior storage compartment. When trying to keep stuff dry, it is a lifesaver *assuming you dont have a bed cover.

The truck has been great for me so far....no issues as I approach 150K miles (knock on wood).

Stock emissions equipment? What’s your mileage like?

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post

In my 2018 ram Dually with 3.73 rear end all stock I average right at 16mpg mixed highway and city with 6500 miles on it. its not a megacab but it is a cummins lol. I have got as high as 19 on the interstate running 70 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post

Yes, stock emissions equipment. If I ever run into an emissions issue, I will rip the stuff off.

Also, I run 315/70/17's. I get 18-19 mpg on the highway and 16 mpg in the city. I hovered around 20 mpg on the highway before increasing the tire size. And i typically drive a tad faster than the speed limit.

Comment

Working...
                              X