Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own a 2003 or 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been looking for a lease ride and was told that a 97, 98, or 99 Jeep Cherokee were some of the best made and easiest to maintain. I have found that they are fairly hard to come by at a descent price. I have found many 03 and 04's that are more in my price range ($3,000). I just don't want to buy something that is going to be a constant money pit. I am looking for something that I can drive to the lease (1-1/2 hrs. each way) and then also drive while on the lease. Anyone have any experience with these Jeep Cherokees? I also like the fact that the newer have the V8 so I can tow the pontoon to the lake if needed. Not sure the V6 would tow it very good? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2001 jeep cherokee. Sons daily driver. Only money spent is on additions. Can get expensive if you let it. Engine never fails.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I've got an 03 V6 4x4 that has 145,000. I've had it for 3 years and all the money I've spent on it was optional. I made 15+ 3 hours trips to my deer lease with it last year. A few of those trips were hauling my pop-up camper or my 6x10 flatbed trailer loaded.
          I've never had any issues with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Shake N' Bake. Couple more responses like this and I will not be afraid to pull the trigger on one of these.

Comment

FIL is about to sell a 2007 with 105,000 miles V8 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by kbearden View Post
                Thanks Shake N' Bake. Couple more responses like this and I will not be afraid to pull the trigger on one of these.
                You bet! I have a company vehicle that I drive 95% of the time. The only thing that my jeep is used for is hunting and fishing with my kids. Although I could afford to get something newer its nice to have a vehicle that I don't stress about when all 3 of my kids climb inside covered in mud!

Comment

I had a grand cherokee that I loved. I hated getting rid of it. Never drove it to and from but it worked great on the lease.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I've got a 99 jeep Cherokee that I need to sell if your interested it's a really nice rig.

Comment

I would go with one of the older ones. We had a 96 growing up that had a HARD life but no problems. My parents then got a 04 (plus or minus a year) V8 and had constant issues. Nothing serious engine wise, but the A/C was always breaking. Some design defect with how you could set temperature on driver/passenger side differently. A little plastic internal piece kept breaking. No good way to fix it. Also other annoyances like window motors going out, jumping off tracks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kbearden View Post
                            I have been looking for a lease ride and was told that a 97, 98, or 99 Jeep Cherokee were some of the best made and easiest to maintain. I have found that they are fairly hard to come by at a descent price. I have found many 03 and 04's that are more in my price range ($3,000). I just don't want to buy something that is going to be a constant money pit. I am looking for something that I can drive to the lease (1-1/2 hrs. each way) and then also drive while on the lease. Anyone have any experience with these Jeep Cherokees? I also like the fact that the newer have the V8 so I can tow the pontoon to the lake if needed. Not sure the V6 would tow it very good? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                            I have an 04 with the L6 and it's been great. Only thing is some electrical issues with door locks and windows that I've repaired myself. It does amazing driving on the beach as well. It's 2wd and I swear that it can handle loose sand as well as my Tacoma did. I've never towed anything with it so I can't help you there. Have taken many long road trips in it with no issues. Did recently have an issue that turned out to be a bad injector but at over 200k miles that's not really a surprise. Good luck with it.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive mine every week on Friday from kingsville down to the valley and back again on Monday morning. Inline 6 cylinder with just over 162,000 on it. Used it to haul 2700 pounds of cotton seed around our sandy lease this weekend. She’ll **** and get when you put her in the mud too. I got no doubts she’ll hit 200k and keep on going. I’d go with the 6 cylinder over the v8, those have a rep of going out around 150k miles.

Here she is: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5798.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	24535435
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4716.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	24535436
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4712.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	24535437
                              Last edited by Jmsck12; 04-03-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X