Three Fingers Bowhunting ranch in Fairfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been in touch with "Tattoohunter" on here for almost 2 months before this hunt. He took my random text messages and answered all my questions. He was the lead guide and organizer for the owner Ben. We also had another guide Baker who was cool as heck.

The owner and two guides were there to facilitate the hunt how we wanted it. They did everything they could to get us on animals and give us the trip we wanted. They were fun and were very much easy going. They strategized for us, cooked food and grilled with us and were available to drop us off and pick us up whenever we wanted to hunt.

The cabin was a trailer house that was clean and comfortable. There was a good place to shoot your bow and a covered patio where we sat, hung out and did our grilling.

The ranch was no gimmie as far as difficulty to hunt. Rams, you can make happen. Aoudad, fallow and hogs...you better be prepared to HUNT. They are wild. I spent 4-5hrs per sit and had animals hit my stands, but they just were not what I was looking for.

Stands were placed in really good areas. Over all these were some of the better placed stands I've hunted in in a day lease. Some of the ladder stands could allow for some more brush to grow in giving you a bit more cover, but overall I never got busted and had good clear shot windows. They were oriented appropriately and comfortable.

Summary- Price excellent, opportunity at animals you will see a lot. Guides excellent. They are there for you to succeed and they want you to succeed.

I would definitely go back and hunt this place. I'd like to go back maybe a few weekends in a row especially for those Aoudad.

Great write up and not far from Houston, might need to look into this place...

Comment

any pics as far as animal quality?

Comment

I think it would be safe to say this is more of a bronze/silver category place for rams. Their deer species seemed to be more silver/gold category based on the pics I saw from previous hunts. The fallow I was after was probably a gold medal. The blackbucks were about 14-16inches.

Comment

All that being said, they hit the auction regularly for stocking the ranch so for example if you are bringing a group they can get whatever you want.

Comment

Here are the two rams taken this weekend.

Comment

Very cool.
              Last edited by nevrguess; 04-13-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

They are some good ole boys down there. You aren't gonna find anyone better to hunt or deal with.

Comment

Always love a good write up. We had a great time with you guys, sorry we could not make the fallow happen, but just think....he will be an even better trophy next year!!!! And I do hope you guys will be back again soon. We really loved having you!!!!

Comment

Can't find them on the interenets anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                      Can't find them on the interenets anymore
                      Me either. Their website is no longer active. Is their place still in business?

Comment

Yes they are still in business.
                        This link should take you there.
                        3FB of Fairfield, Texas -- Pricing Fit for the Working Man's Wallet -- Three Fingers Bow Hunting - Exotic Hunts - Ben Capps

Comment

The website is active but honestly they pay more attention to the facebook page. You can link to that from the website.

Comment

Thank you for the link to their web page. I don't do face book. I used to live between Athens & Palestine, I bet their place is not too far from where my place was.
                            Last edited by MUZZYSLINGR; 06-19-2015, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I'm not on Facebook, Instagram etc. I have a direct link to the man with a plan though.
                              Last edited by DRT; 06-23-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X