No announcement yet.

Child support, does it ever end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does not have anything to do with the kids really bro. It is a sceme for the state to make money. If your have 350,000 dudes paying you 7% of the suggested arrears every week. That adds up to a lot of money.

When she had custody they took me back to court every 3 months to make sure they were deducting the right amount.

I ended up getting custody of my kids when they were 11 and 9 after 8 years of divorce from her.

They told her to pay $200 a week to me for change child support for both kids and I have only seen maybe $600 the whole time I have had them. They never once took her to court to make her pay when I had custody those 11 years. Funny right.

They are now both over 18 and it could not have turned out better fo me and them.

I got to raise them thru their teenage years and I think that is one of the most important times for a father to intrude and be a part of their lives. Teaching them how to become goods people.

His plan is always the best so just have hope and faith that things are gonna work out for the best and they will.

My kids and I have built a great relationship together now and I could not ask for better kiddos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did not file any paperwork either. It just stopped when I got custody of them and they transferred the child support over to her. When they turned 18. Just got a letter in the mail saying it was over. Glad to have them out of my life.

Comment

I just finished mine in June when he graduated. Mine wasn’t through the AG so did have to go the court and get paperwork signed by the judge to give to my employer. I think the ag will stop payment at 18

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
          if your a dad in Texas have to pay child support your hosed. try calling up there sometime.....my last conversation went like this,

As you can see my over 1700 for one child gets sent in every month on time for the past 6 years and for some reason you don't see it this month even though my employer sent it in and you can see my check was deducted for the amount......CPS, Prove we received it sir and regardless if it was sent in or not you owe it.

Oh but on the flip side step daughter baby daddy hasn't paid a dime in over 2 years.
          Don't even get me started! I pay $3,300 a month plus half of all medical, plus having him on my insurance. Meantime step daughters dad is at least $10k in the hole. My choice is pay my lawyer at least that much to file contempt then try and get lawyers fees actually paid back not to mention the drama that goes with it.

Comment

Only way it could be worse with supporting an ex's self improvements is if he or she were an attorney!!! Then it would really bad.

Comment

Nope, you just give it to your kids.

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              I have started this thread in hopes to help anyone who may find themselves in the unfortunate situation of divorce with children involved.

I have paid child support for the past 14 years. If it is actually used for the child’s benefit and not keeping babies momma in a new car, it is awesome. What is not awesome is the way both the court system and the Texas Attorney General’s office treats all fathers like dead beat dads! Not one of the agencies will tell you, in order to stop child support garnishment after your legal obligation has been met, it is YOUR responsibility to file the proper paperwork.

In the last 14 years I have bought my ex three new cars and financed two cosmetic surgeries (she doesn’t work) and, I have taken my daughter school clothes shopping every year to keep her clothed in ones that fit. I call foul but, there is nothing I could do about it because after all, I am a dead beat dad right? There is a light at the end of the tunnel though and this gravy train has stopped running! My daughter graduated high school this past spring and turns 18 in less than one month so, I have fulfilled my LEGAL obligation. If you find yourself in the same situation all you have to do is complete this form ( https://texaslawhelp.org/sites/defau...port_final.pdf ) and file it at the courthouse. The courts will take it from there and serve your ex with a notice and inform your employer to stop garnishment! Done!!! This must be done within 45 days PRIOR to fulfilling your legal obligation.

Now I can assist my daughter directly in any manner I see fit to assist her with college debt w/o giving her mom one more red cent.

Comment

been their and done that! should be made to go to kids not ex-wife foolish spending support(paint her house,trips,lawn sprinkler system,new boyfriends truck). in nebraska support goes till 19 years old and 26 if in school,unless it is written in decree(still 19).agree hhs treats you like deadbeat dad ,even if you always pay and are never late ! once they turn 19 ,county att. sends paperwork to employer and it ends.had to keep both kids on my insurace because ex got laid off for 3rd time at same company and was going to live on gov.welfare.i feel ur pain my brothers ,stay strong for the kids. now that my blood pressure is up i'm out thanks

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the paperwork. After 15 years of paying, I am done in December. I will be sure to file the necessary paperwork ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Respectfully, that wasn't the point. We all want to take care of our kids, we just don't want to subsidize the habits or whims of an ex. It would be great if there were some kind of mechanism to make sure child support were actually used for the child, unfortunately that is not the case. Been there, done that long ago. It's probably worse now.
                    I think he is saying worth it as in not being with the ex anymore.

Comment

One more year. I have to pay until my son gets out of school next year just before his 19th birthday. I've been buying the beer and feeding my ex-wife horses for the last 17 years. Thanks for the heads up on how to stop it.

Comment

I want to give ya'll another perspective to view this....if you were still with your Exes, ALL of your paycheck would go to them and they would still do all the same stupid things you see them doing now.
                        Just consider it as support for your children and ransom for your freedom

Comment

I just finished in June!!! Never thought it was goin to end,and it is very irritating seeing the ex living life up and knowing **** well that it was all from your wallet. It will end and you can start doing the things you want to do with your money! Hang in there!

Comment

6 more yrs

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                              If it is actually used for the child’s benefit and not keeping babies momma in a new car, it is awesome. What is not awesome is the way both the court system and the Texas Attorney General’s office treats all fathers like dead beat dads!

I know lady like that. New truck every year.

But I dont really feel to bad for the ex cause hes trash IMO. Ive taken his kid fishin and huntin more in the last 2 years than he has. I hoped to be the one with him when he took his first deer but the step dad took care of that.

To all the others here that are doing the right thing, good on you. Ive seen far to many of the deadbeats. Both in my family and out

Comment

I've never been divorced. 29 years later I have a 21 and 22.5 year old, great kiddos too, and I'm still paying child support.. It is what it is.. Kids cost money.

Comment

Working...
                                X