Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ammo do you carry in your micro 9mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
    i have been carrying longer than some of these guys have been alive,,, 37 years now,,,, with a 9mm nothing is a sure thing,,,, mixed weights will give you the best possible chance against whatever the target turns out to be,,, the lightest fastest round you can get first,, especially in summer when clothes are thinner,, in winter go to a heavier bullet because some jackets can reduce penetration from a light round,,,,, think about 115 hp+p,, 124 gr +p, then 147 gr+p for summer then 124, 147 and 115 in winter,,, i prefer 2, 2, then 2, all the way through the mag,,,,, but only as long as all the rounds will group very tightly at 15-20 yards,,,, if not get rid of the ugly duck first
    I’m just curious but why not stick with the 147 all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
      I’m just curious but why not stick with the 147 all the time?
      not reliable expansion all the time,,, but does better at penetration,,, sometimes you need deep, sometimes you need wide,,, years ago our swat team shot a guy about 9 times with 9mm ,,, they used very light bullets and he was very large,, ( over 400#) nothing got the the vitals ,, close but not close enough,, he had already shot one officer( vest worked well) ,,, one of the officers rounds hit his pistol and knocked it out of his hand,, then the fight started,,, if the suspect had been thin the light weight hp would have done the job,, but the heavier loads would have passed through and out,, possibly hitting someone else
      Last edited by xman59; 07-17-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

124 HST here.

Hoggslayer

Comment

LE have gone away from 147 for the most part. Goes in as a 9mm and stays same size. Had very poor results. Lighter faster and bullet is doing what it is suppose to do.

Comment

Grizzly JHP +P. It was on sale and I snagged it.

Comment

G19 & smaller 124 +P HST or Gold Dot

G17 and larger 147 +P HST or Gold Dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hydroshock fan.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of research out there but I think Gold Dot is the gold standard for stub-4" 9s. All of the tests I've seen shown it to be the most accurate and reliable load for sub-compact 9s. My Nano stays stoked with 124 JHP.

Comment

Gold dot 147 and 124

Comment

The interesting thing in reading all of this is that there are tests that both confirm and dispute virtually everything said here. You can spend many hours on Youtube completely confusing yourself as to what is the best round. After those many hours, I've decided that the 147 gr. projectiles have the best overall results in shorter barrels. I have some Ranger T's incoming, and I think I'll go with that at least in the short term.

Comment

HST for me.

Comment

Hornady Critical Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                            Not nessacarily true, depends in barrel length, in a short barrel a heavier Bullet will expand better than a smaller faster +p round, I carry federal hst jhp micro in the 150gr it out performs in penetration and expansion compared to 120's
                            Faster always yield more expansion. Always

Is physics and stuff ya know....

Comment

Look at a Youtube video...AmmoQuest for the 9mm micro pistols.
                              The testing is definitely interesting.

Comment

These right here
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X