No announcement yet.

Lease Prices over a decade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of yours would like to share this listing on HAR with you. Please follow the link to HAR. https://www.har.com/u/AbF2280C8

Something like that would work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
      I'd be curious to know what the average lease price is as a percentage of average annual income compared for the last 20 years.

It's a fact that lease prices have risen steadily, but so has just about everything else.

I mean, the new truck you ride in on the way to your lease cost at least 2X's as much as it did 20 years ago. Why wouldn't the cost of the deer lease do the same thing?

I'd also tend to believe the huge population influxes to TX has made a significant impact as well. It's not that all of these new residents are hunters, but they sure as heck are buying up some of the land; whether it be out in the country or due to urban sprawl. So on top of inflation, there's simply less land with just as many or more hunters.
      The first new truck I bought in 1975 cost $5,500. It was the top of the line. The new F 150 I bought in March was $42,000 and it was only an XLT. Deer leases have gone up a bunch, but people are still getting in line for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Hey OP....weren't you just inquiring about $60K trucks????

Priorities son!

Nope, I drive a 2011 Ford Escape that I bought cash after I traded in my fancy F-250 haha

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
          Nope, I drive a 2011 Ford Escape that I bought cash after I traded in my fancy F-250 haha

you paid cash for a ford escape...after trading in your F-250?

Comment

Things have went up in price all across the board. Nothing is priced the same as it was 20 years ago, or even 10. Incomes have also went up. I do know it's high, but in retrospect is it any worse than a family vacation? I agree it's high, but I don't think it's anything outrageous. I will pay good money for a good place to hunt and take my family, and won't think twice about it. I think it's fully worth paying extra for a GOOD place to hunt, but I also don't spend much on anything outside of deer season. So I guess I may be part of the problem, considering I'm willing to lease it. Everything in life is about priorities. I save where a lot of people spend, so I can spend that money elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              you paid cash for a ford escape...after trading in your F-250?

Yes a used Ford Escape.

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                I'm with Darton, this is why I bought a piece of land to just hunt on. I think if you can find a friend or relative that has the same hunting goals as you why not partner up and buy a place.
                I'm not interested in sitting the same stand on the same 20 acres for the rest of my life. Nothing wrong with that. Its just not what I'm in to. I will never be able to afford 5,000 acres of prime brush country real estate or 1,000 acres of high fenced property. But I can afford to "rent" both for use anytime I want. If it gets more expensive, I will just make more money. Sorry guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Problem is....I need about $750K worth of land in the area I want to hunt in. Not gonna happen for $275 per month.

When I retire and sell my property in Alvin, then buy a bigger property at least 200 miles away from Houston, I'm golden!....until then, I'm just renting happiness!
                  I know where you are coming from, but when I decided to pull the trigger I didn't care if all I could afford was 1 acre! It was going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                    Yes a used Ford Escape.

guess i was confused at the use of the words "Traded in" a F-250 AND "paid cash" for a focus....

Comment

Not only the lease price, but the feed bill they want on top. when there jumping over the fence for the neighbors to shoot..

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                        I'm not interested in sitting the same stand on the same 20 acres for the rest of my life.
                        Same reason I quit leasing. Get tired of starin at the same trees. It's why I only hunt public now. Plus the only work involved is scouting since u can't bait. Part of the fun for me is the scouting. I have spots all over so depending on the wind I always have a spot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think some of the price increases are because land values/cost have went up over last few years. Some of it due to land ownership changing hands and new owners know they can shop it around and advertise (internet) to reach the guys willing to pay premium price for good hunting.
                          I’d say the days of 750 acres leasing for 750 $ a person are a thing of the past not to return to that cheap of a price.
                          If you look you probably can find a place to lease just may not be in area your looking at, may have to drive farther out possibly.
                          Hopefully you can find a good place within your budget

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                            I think some of the price increases are because land values/cost have went up over last few years. Some of it due to land ownership changing hands and new owners know they can shop it around and advertise (internet) to reach the guys willing to pay premium price for good hunting.

I’d say the days of 750 acres leasing for 750 $ a person are a thing of the past not to return to that cheap of a price.

If you look you probably can find a place to lease just may not be in area your looking at, may have to drive farther out possibly.

Hopefully you can find a good place within your budget

I RARELY see anything below $2,000 now. I probably just need to get over it and pay it.

Comment

Our place in East Texas has gone from $1250 in 2009 to $2100 in 2018. Prices keep going up and up. I tell myself every year that if it goes up again, I am backing out and getting back to public land hunting. I just can't give up actually seeing deer and having the chance to harvest a true managed trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by alack392 View Post
                                Our place in East Texas has gone from $1250 in 2009 to $2100 in 2018. Prices keep going up and up. I tell myself every year that if it goes up again, I am backing out and getting back to public land hunting. I just can't give up actually seeing deer and having the chance to harvest a true managed trophy.

Any openings? Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X