Vehicle registration late fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle registration late fees

The short story is, I started a new job and I’m getting a new company truck. The old company truck needs to be traded in on it. For some reason the truck wasn’t registered into the company name. It should have been done in October of 2011. I’m told there will be a penalty of $25 a month. Before I go down there tomorrow does anybody know if this is true? Thanks, Kevin.

I think it’s s $250 late registration fee,as that’s what I was charged for not changing over the title over for a motorcycle I had bought until a year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is 25 a month for not switching the title within thirty days of obtaining a new vehicle.

You don’t have to register it until you want to use it on the road....

Comment

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll go spend the morning unscrewing this mess.

Comment

Please come back and post up the outcome after you git-er-dun... May hepp others... You know, asking for a friend sort of thing...

Comment

i dont see the $25 a day thing listed on any TEXAS gov sites....just the $250 fine....

in for the true answer.

Comment

Anyone know how it works on a travel trailer? Mine has been out for two years and I just haven’t renewed the registration

Comment

If you started a new job and it is a company truck, shouldn't the company have to worry about this??

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                  Anyone know how it works on a travel trailer? Mine has been out for two years and I just haven’t renewed the registration
                  There is no penalty for not registering it. It's only for title transfer. When you go to register a trailer or other motor vehicle, they may ask you if you've driven or used/towed it since the registration expired. If you answer yes, they'll assess a penalty/fine based on usage.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                    They told me $25/mo a couple of years ago on my camper. At the time that came out to 6-$700 so I didnt do it. Still havent done it.

OP, Please post once you get it worked out.

ON EDIT, I am talking about title transfer, not registration. No penalty for registration unless you have driven/pulled it on public rd

Comment

It's been put off till next week. It's a title transfer and I'm told it's $25 a month for every month you wait. It's a company truck but the company HQ is in Illinois so it's my problem now. Lucky me haha. I'll post up an outcome on it as soon as it's resolved. Thanks guys.

Comment

So,you're saying you have about 7 years of late fees at $25 per month? Might be cheaper to pay the deductible after it gets stolen if you know what I mean.

Comment

There is a max penalty of 250 I was told at the tax office 6 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                            There is a max penalty of 250 I was told at the tax office 6 months ago.
                            "My Friend" hopes you are right...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              "My Friend" hopes you are right...
                              So does my company. Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X