Utv gun scabbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utv gun scabbard

Looking for a way to carry and protect my rifle while in a side by side. I think I want a Koplin gun boot. Unless the green screen has something better. Quick access and ultimate protection are what I’m after. What do you guys use

Gun rack that mounts between roof racks. Assuming your have a roof, pretty good protection. I went with great day quick draw.

Comment

I went with the SeizMik brand.

First ride with it today, SBR sized AR with can never budged.
      Happy with it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out the Classic accessories utv gun carrier. It straps to the roll cage and holds two guns. Ive been looking and this is the best option I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas660 View Post
          Check out the Classic accessories utv gun carrier. It straps to the roll cage and holds two guns. Ive been looking and this is the best option I have found.

I've had one of these on my UTV for about 10 years. The only drawback is mine wasn't waterproof. Then the mice got in it. One zipper is broken, and the inside is starting to wear thanks to putting my AR in it.

I didn't find it very quick for access, but I left the zipper open most of the time when driving. I'm looking as well and i like the Kolpin Gun Boot, but that Seizmic looks appealing as well.

Comment

I had one of those strap to the back if the role cage jobs on my last SXS and wore it out.
            I weather treated it and spray painted it with brown when the camo faded to pink.
            The zippers ended up going out in time.
            I will say it is a decent value and does the job.

I didn’t care for how the guns overlap when carrying two, one’s barrel smacking the other scope was possible.
            I usually carried one rifle in one side, a scoped pistol on the other side and a scope rifle in a Koplin gun case in the bed if hauling multiple guns.

I would’ve kept it and kept using it but the Vikings rear roll cage is curved so it wouldn’t work well.

I also had to take it on and off when trailering , I didn’t like the parachute look it produced when I left it on.

Comment

Looks like the koplin is what I need. Afraid the soft cases were as described here

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                but that Seizmic looks appealing as well.

If going with a roof mounted- you have to be comfortable looking at the working end of the bullet pusher when you’re getting in and out of the buggy.

Here’s a gun loaded up-

Keep in mind that hand-guard is a fatty carbon fiber. (and due for replacement.)

Comment

Utv gun scabbard

If you go with Koplin, seek out this model-

It will actually fit scoped AR‘s (15’s&10’s) because the top is more squared off than the normal models.

That’s if you can find a bracket to hold it and in side-by-side.

There are two squared off models that I’m aware of, one is a smidge longer than the other, so compare the specs before buying.
                  This one is called the stronghold.

The other stronghold they sell is actually smaller.

Last edited by DaveC; 05-09-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I have a suregrip that I bought from the TTHA guy. Due to the design of my roof I have the single rifle mount but its solid and keeps the gun out of the way.

American owned and operated.

Comment

Question for the roof mount guys...do the guns get shaken about or are they solid? I’m wondering if not being in a case would knock the scope off.

Comment

I have a Texas Hold 'em gun rack in my Mule Pro. Guns are rock solid through any terrain. Easy Access.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtau44 View Post
                          Question for the roof mount guys...do the guns get shaken about or are they solid? I’m wondering if not being in a case would knock the scope off.

Can’t speak of the other brand, but the Seizmik feels solid.

If the op is still considering going with Koplin hard cases- here is an AR-10 in the squared off stronghold with collapsable stock fully extended-
                          Plenty of room-

Here is the more common Koplin 6.0 with the same gun- very snug but does fit. Stock has to be collapsed to close.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                            Can’t speak of the other brand, but the Seizmik feels solid.

If the op is still considering going with Koplin hard cases- here is an AR-10 in the squared off stronghold with collapsable stock fully extended-
                            Plenty of room-

Here is the more common Koplin 6.0 with the same gun- very snug but does fit. Stock has to be collapsed to close.

Do you feel like the padding on that one is sufficient to actullah protect from bumps and hard knocks

Comment

Utv gun scabbard

Originally posted by Rafter S View Post
                              Do you feel like the padding on that one is sufficient to actullah protect from bumps and hard knocks

Hmm, good question-
                              I know I have beat them up hauling them in the gun boots with no issues for years, but I’d like to think some of that is the quality of the scope purchased. (I use mostly low end Leupolds).

Remember the machine suspension and tires are eating a lot of the bumps- hopefully not much shock is left to affect the gun.
                              Last edited by DaveC; 05-09-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X