New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Majority of the exercises were half pyramid with increasing weight and a drop set.

DB Shoulder Press SS/ scissors
    Side raises SS/ in and outs
    Upright row SS/ planks
    Smith Shoulder Press SS/ landmines
    Arnold DB Press SS/ decline sit-ups
    45 pound plate front raises SS/ decline weight Russian twist
    Cable face pulls SS/ Mch ab crunches
    Shoulder flys SS/ Mch ab twist
    Mch Shoulder Press SS/ weighted ab coaster thingy

Suppose to be the long jog tomorrow but rain in the forecast I believe so we’ll see
    Looks like a good workout!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      First time doing the 400 challenge. 100 inverted rows, 100 bodyweight squats, 100 push-ups, 100 full sit-ups. Ultimate goal is under 8 minutes. Maximum allowed time is 17 minutes, or you're supposed to repeat the first 3 weeks of the program. Barely made it in 15 minutes 54 seconds. I was allowed to break it up so it wasn't 100 reps straight. First 2 sets were 20 reps of each, the remainder I did in 6 sets of 10. Gotta learn to focus on breathing, as that's what killed me!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
      Just jogged to the gym (3 miles) and did 600 jump ropes.

About to give this 400 challenge a shot with 100 jump ropes mixed in so I can hit 1000 total. Unfortunately I believe the inverted rows are going to destroy me since Back was 2 days again but we shall see.

Comment

Just jogged to the gym (3 miles) and did 600 jump ropes.

About to give this 400 challenge a shot with 100 jump ropes mixed in so I can hit 1000 total. Unfortunately I believe the inverted rows are going to destroy me since Back was 2 days again but we shall see.
        Screw everything about that challenge lol

Just missed the max allowed with a total of 17mins and 12 seconds

Under 8 mins sounds impossible

Exhausted and now have a 3 mile jog back to the apartment... This is going to suck arse

Comment

Chest and back today, but not timed. 4X8 supersets and increasing the weight 10%+ each set.

Dumb bell press/bent over barbell row
          Incline bench press/reverse grip pullups (body weight)
          Pec deck/ring pullups (body weight)
          Hanging leg raise/cable rotations
          Weighted crunches

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Did my first dedicated leg workout in a while today...it's gonna suck tomorrow and probably suck even more the next day. I'll get in another cardio workout after work this evening.

Comment

Screw everything about that challenge lol

Just missed the max allowed with a total of 17mins and 12 seconds
              Was that including jump rope? I started with the inverted rows (the weakest point of the listed exercises) and let that set the pace and reps for the rest of the workout. I put push-ups and squats (my stronger 2) together and used them as rest. Rows/squats/push-ups/sit-ups. I'll probably space them out next time to allow rest between rows and sit-ups. The leader board on Athlean-X has guys doing this right at 4 minutes. I don't see how at this point. I'm scheduled to do it again Friday. Abs and cardio scheduled today, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                Was that including jump rope? I started with the inverted rows (the weakest point of the listed exercises) and let that set the pace and reps for the rest of the workout. I put push-ups and squats (my stronger 2) together and used them as rest. Rows/squats/push-ups/sit-ups. I'll probably space them out next time to allow rest between rows and sit-ups. The leader board on Athlean-X has guys doing this right at 4 minutes. I don't see how at this point. I'm scheduled to do it again Friday. Abs and cardio scheduled today, Wednesday, and Thursday.

4mins? That’s absolutely insane.

Yes including the jump rope.

So I was able to do 5x20 throughout the whole thing.

Pushups. - Body Squats. - Inverted rows. - Sit-ups. - Jump rope

The rows were my weakest also and the sit-ups were tough since yesterday was abs

I’m not saying my rows or sit-ups were perfect form either lol

Comment

Im having a problem believing 4 minutes to knock out 400 reps of anything. That is just over .5 sec per rep if my math is correct. The ROM on every rep must be a few inches.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Im having a problem believing 4 minutes to knock out 400 reps of anything. That is just over .5 sec per rep if my math is correct. The ROM on every rep must be a few inches.
                    I agree! The goal is to maintain perfect form and full ROM during this challenge, although my form suffered on my last 2 sets. I was at 4 minutes around 40 reps of each set.
                    150, you would have definitely cleared the 17 minutes had you not added an extra 100 reps of jump rope.

Comment

Started back last Thursday. I have been using light weight and testing my shoulder. It feels a lot better but not 100%. Dr. Thinks it was a torn labrum. I tried to start back at the end of the year but got sidelined due to the flu. I am hoping this 5 month layoff is over and that the old me is back!

Comment

I'm assuming inverted rows have a standard bar height for the 400 challenge? Any other info

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I'm assuming inverted rows have a standard bar height for the 400 challenge? Any other info
                          YouTube Athlean-X 400 challenge. I don't know how to post links.

Comment

Lunch break:

3 Rounds:
                            3 minutes heavy bag - all out
                            20 wall balls
                            20 KB swings

"8-post" workout in the cage - move from post to post every 30 seconds doing a different piece of work. Shadowboxing, shots, kicks, etc.

AMRAP neutral grip pullups.

...then death. And/or back to work.

Comment

Lots of sleep today for recovery. Did 30 min treadmill. Attempted stair master but had to stop after 6 min due or severe quad cramps. Walked another 5 on the treadmill to work it out. Finished with a 2000m row sprint done in a second over 8 minutes. Walked on the tread to cool down. Did some rotator cuff work and static overhead kettle bell holds. Finished off with shoulder breakers and stretching.

Comment

This program is inhumane! After 100 sit-ups yesterday, today was all abs.
                                Roll ups. 2 sets of 12.
                                Heels to heaven. 2 sets of 15.
                                Ball pass. 2 sets of 12.
                                Jack knifes. 2 sets of 15 each leg.
                                Physioball reverse hyperextension. 2 sets of 10.
                                Split the sets and ran them as 2 circuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X