Open carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    OK, now I agree with you. I believe open carry is a deterrent, but I concede that there are times it could make you a target. As a small aside, I was open carrying (though not on a regular basis) since before you were born.

Maybe but you’d have to be pretty old. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

You young whipper snapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I am pretty old. I first open carried in 1965. NC has always had open carry and you could open carry at 18. When I moved to VA in the 1980s they were also an open carry state.
        Last edited by Phillip Fields; 12-15-2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
          This guy was targeted because he was open carrying.

Local media reports that a Gresham, Oregon, man was openly carrying a handgun this past Saturday when he was robbed at gunpoint by another man.

The victim, identified as 21-year-old William Coleman III, had recently purchased a Walther P22. He had it on his hip in plain sight while he was talking to his cousin on Oct. 4 at 2:00 a.m.

During their conversation, a man walked up to Coleman and asked for a cigarette.

According to Coleman, the individual said, “I like your gun. Give it to me.” The robber then pulled his own pistol from his waistband and pointed it at Coleman.

Coleman turned over the gun and the crook fled on foot.
          With this logic, don't carry your cell phone on your hip.
          Thousands of people have been robbed and their cell phone taken.

Comment

I wear an outside the waistband holster for the comfort. Hated the inside the waistband and having to wear pants one size bigger, or stuff my fat into my tight pants just to conceal my gun.
            I don't wear it out in the open but don't care if it shows a small bulge under my untucked shirt.
            Last edited by Jimbo47; 12-18-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
              Open carry when pig hunting. Usually concealed in the deer woods.

Skinny
              You can get real close to those deer if they think you aren't carrying.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                As a plain clothes LEO I carry open everyday; however, with that being said, I DO NOT open carry off duty. I do not want attention drawn to myself.
                So true!!

Comment

I always carry with some type of concealment.
                  Last summer I went to Kingman Arizona and went into the local Wally World and it looked like half the folks there were open carry and they had some heavy duty firepower. I have seen very few folks in Texas in the open carry mode. I want the thugs that try to rob me to think this old gray haired man will never be armed. I qualify every year in the month of my birthday and stay ready.

Comment

open carry. i have stopped 1,000's of potential crimes just by being seen

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                      open carry. i have stopped 1,000's of potential crimes just by being seen

Comment

Outside the waist band is more comfortable....open or concealed depends on what I'm wearing that day... makes do difference to me!!!

Comment

Open carried for 30 years then got a license. Retired LEO After I retired I felt naked for a few months. Now its concealed. Just my choice.

Comment

Concealed, don’t like to draw attention or be an easy target.Side arm is alway on me even with my shirts tucked in.

Comment

Have done it both ways. It’s more comfortable for me to carry concealed. Could care less if someone sees it but when’s it’s concealed it won’t bump into anything or get hung on a chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                                So true!!

No, not really Don.

People just aren’t paying attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X