Tikka CTR 6.5 Vs Bergara HMR 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka CTR 6.5 Vs Bergara HMR 6.5

Looking at getting into a 6.5 play toy, and have narrowed it down to these 2. I have read a lot of reviews on these guns, fingered them both in person, and was seeing if anyone had any first hand insight.

I LOVE Tikka actions...smooth as glass and rock solid (I own a 695 that will shoot cloverleafs all day long in 7mm mag) but the stock leaves a lot to be desired. And there are not a lot of options yet.

Bergara has an established name, the actions doesnt feel quite as crisp, but it also has a MUCH better stock on it.

Both are sub MOA guns with factory ammo according to every review I have read. Gun will serve dual purpose.....long range play toy at the range and long range deer and pronghorn rifle.

Any thoughts?

I'd go with the Tikka. Either way will be good. The Tikka offers you more options for customizing, if you decide you want to. My CTR stock sucks so bad it shoots right at .6 moa. Lol! Feels cheap but it's hard to argue with the accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bergara more options if it's rem 700 it fits. Aics mags vs proprietary. Good trigger. Love the stock.

Comment

I went with the bergara. Hinged it on the fact they had a limited run 24 inch barrel version in stock instead of the 22. Evidently they are hard to come by. Really like the tikka though so if I don't like this I won't hesitate to sell and replace. When you like both guns, it's hard, especially when both are known for their accuracy.

Comment

Where was the 24" barrel at?

Comment

Picked up at BPS in Colorado Springs. Evidently there was a very limited run of the 24s made. With that being said, I am already having buyers remorse! Took it out of the box and was laying with it in the prone position When I got home. I am a competitive bodybuilder with very large anterior deltoids....and wont be able to shoot this rifle prone due to the the shape of the recoil pad - cant get a good seal/placement due to pad width. Wish I had laid down in the store with it.

Comment

I may be wrong, but don't they both have the same sako action?

Both are super nice rifles, I have a bergara I am about to pick up. My buddy has the CTR and it shoots excellent.

Comment

I would go with a Tikka. I know your concern about after market stocks for it. Plenty of options for the Tikka, you can get any Manners or MCM stock. You just have to order it.

Comment

Working...
                X