No announcement yet.

Anyone ever had food poisoning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you didn't die at least once, you didn't have food poisoning.

Comment

Yup. Several pretty good descriptions in here. Miserable experience to say the least.

Comment

Ugh yes. Jack in the Crack...spicy chicken sandwich at midnight. At 7 I wanted someone to shoot me.

Gatoraid is your friend. One thing I remember besides the fluids leaving my body from two orifices at the speed of sound was that I was dizzy and my eyes hurt.

Terrible stuff. Just awful.

Comment

pretty much like the norovirus (the thing that people get on those cruises)...except it is worse....1-3 days, depending on how bad it is...usually 2 days

Comment

Once 24 hrs.

Butt on the pot. Head in a waste paper basket. I think I died. The last several yrs have been on momentum.

Comment

Here's how it will go with a sho nuff case of food poisoning.
              There'll be cramps, chills, aches, horrible gut wrenching vomiting, super soaker style diarrhea, rooms spinning out of control, thunder, voices of dead people you never knew...then you will think that you're going to die...you'll want to go to the ER, but all you can do is moan loudly while you lay on the bathroom floor...finally (and this is the worst part) you'll start to fear that you won't die and you'll just continue in this state forever!
              12-24 hours you'll start to be functional again, but you'll never be able to look a Rueben sandwich in the face again!

Comment

Everyone covered it all for the first 48 hrs, they left out the part how your stomach feels like they took it out, aired it up, and used it for a soccer match for the next 48 hrs.

Comment

I travel a lot in my job and because of that, I am constantly in restaurants. The last time I got it I was holed up in a Springhill Suites down in Houston for two days and never left the hotel room. It was all I could do to get back and forth from the bed to the head.
                  It would have been bad at home but hugging the head in a hotel room where many, many ugly and hairy butts had been before me, I think, made it worse!!!
                  I am sure after I was able to check out the poor maid walked into a stench that no doubt made her hurl as well. Gawd it was horrible.
                  Then, the stress of knowing I had two flights to get back home and did not want to have to curl up on the floor of the airplane john almost convinced me to rent a car and drive all the way home. Luckily, I was all purged by then and made it home without incident.
                  Still travel a lot and a repeat of that is not on my wish list (knock on wood)!!!

Comment

Got it once at the lease. Ate dried sausage that must not have been fully cured. I was sitting in the blind and after a few hours started feeling bad. Went to camp with cramps and coming up and out both ways. Lasted about 48 hours.

Comment

Yup got it from a truck stop egg roll.
                      I was so hungry I scorfed the first one down and thought it tasted funny took one bite of the second one and tossed it out the window.
                      I lived on the bathroom floor for 12 hours.
                      All I could keep down was orange juice.

Comment

Once and it was the worst thing ever, lasted about 4 days and I lost 12lbs.

Comment

X2
                          Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                          Lasted about 48 hours. Going out of every end, extremely achy and drowsy. Honestly felt like I was gonna die.

Comment

Two of my buddies and I had lunch at a dive Mexican Restaurant. By night we were experiencing the above symtoms. My buddies recover but I don't. The vomiting stops but still yellow water coming out the south end. I go to the doctor and he gives me those little white pills that always work. I go on for about a week, functioning but staying close to the potty. Still liquid when the pills are all gone. I go back to the doc and he says that it is probably parasites. So they worm me and I am better within hours. I never did see any worms so it must have been some other critter causing the problem.

Comment

Had it twice. The worst was 3 days and came from taste of Texas, woke me up in the middle of the night and said uh oh this isn't going to be good.... Like everyone else says, you die or definetly want to. Don't expect a good night sleep, sleep on bathroom floor so you don't have to run

Symptoms usually cramps and spraying out of both ends, even when you think you have nothing else in you

Comment

Our whole dorm got it in college from the cafeteria...4 guys in a suite sharing ONE bathroom was NOT pretty... that was 2 days of pure hell

Comment

Working...
                                X