Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2017, 12:45 AM   #1
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default Tea Party was right: DOJ settles IRS targeting suits

After almost 4 years of denials, Obama's IRS finally admitted their crimes against Tea Party groups. Meanwhile, instead of being in jail, Lois Lerner sucks up a fat government pension.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...obama-irs.html
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

I have said it for years that the media will be the downfall of this country. Their alignment with one political party and subsequent lack of reporting the truth on the crimes committed by that party leaves the country illinform. The entire Obama presidency was one 8 year stretch of crimes against the constitution and the American people and yet no one is ever going to pay a consequence.
Hell the FBI,CIA,IRS,DHS are all complicit as well. It's a shame 90% of the political class are not in prison for what they have done
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #3
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
After almost 4 years of denials, Obama's IRS finally admitted their crimes against Tea Party groups. Meanwhile, instead of being in jail, Lois Lerner sucks up a fat government pension.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...obama-irs.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I have said it for years that the media will be the downfall of this country. Their alignment with one political party and subsequent lack of reporting the truth on the crimes committed by that party leaves the country illinform. The entire Obama presidency was one 8 year stretch of crimes against the constitution and the American people and yet no one is ever going to pay a consequence.
Hell the FBI,CIA,IRS,DHS are all complicit as well. It's a shame 90% of the political class are not in prison for what they have done
I have echoed your sentiment on media on several occasions. Media with a political agenda is in fact not media and for all practical purposes plays the role of a political operative no different than but just as dangerous as government controlled press IMHO. A lot of peeps seem to be oblivious of this.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 08:03 AM   #4
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
After almost 4 years of denials, Obama's IRS finally admitted their crimes against Tea Party groups. Meanwhile, instead of being in jail, Lois Lerner sucks up a fat government pension.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...obama-irs.html
Just another one of those huge, destructive, government "conspiracies" that so many folks find so hard to believe or deny completely......... Why that is is baffling.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

If people were forced to write a check for their IRS payments rather than have them deducted from their check, millions more would care. Also, a purposeful lack of education in the public schools on such matters propagates their scam. The Country will eventually collapse if a massive correction is not made.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Why do people never assume that when regular guys go to jail, lose their small business, get labeled and can't work again and then they see politicians and the likes committing crimes 100 times worse get off not scott free but walk away WITH money that this could be the reason they go freaking crazy and kill people?

Like that run on sentence?
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
super_dave
Pope & Young
 
super_dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Van
Hunt In: NW Smith County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
If people were forced to write a check for their IRS payments rather than have them deducted from their check, millions more would care. Also, a purposeful lack of education in the public schools on such matters propagates their scam. The Country will eventually collapse if a massive correction is not made.


Public school is like letting the wolf teach the flock. After a while it will just be normal.
super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

It's no longer freedom of the press, it's propaganda for left.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #9
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
It's no longer freedom of the press, it's propaganda for left.
This is why Trump said the other day he'd like to revoke broadcast licenses for some in the media.
Sure the media is covered in the constitution and it should be but what a lot of the media is engaged in is not living up to the constitutional status they have
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 11:52 AM   #10
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
This is why Trump said the other day he'd like to revoke broadcast licenses for some in the media.
Sure the media is covered in the constitution and it should be but what a lot of the media is engaged in is not living up to the constitutional status they have

That cuts both ways. If those actions are taken, do you believe the next elected Democrat won't bring about the end of Rush, Mark Levin, Mark Stein, Ben Shapiro, etc? That is the slipperiest of slopes and a bad, bad idea.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #11
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
If people were forced to write a check for their IRS payments rather than have them deducted from their check, millions more would care. Also, a purposeful lack of education in the public schools on such matters propagates their scam. The Country will eventually collapse if a massive correction is not made.
Those checks should be required to be mailed in November. The Monday preceding election day.
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #12
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
That cuts both ways. If those actions are taken, do you believe the next elected Democrat won't bring about the end of Rush, Mark Levin, Mark Stein, Ben Shapiro, etc? That is the slipperiest of slopes and a bad, bad idea.
Conservative talk radio does not go around portraying itself as a media entity
its billed as entertainment.
And Libs..most recently Obama have been trying to shut up the talk biz for a very long time.
I'm simply saying that if a "news media" becomes a marketing firm for one side they should not get all the protections of a news organization.
Like, no more seat at the daily press briefings, no inside air force one booth
Entertainment tonight does not have a seat at the table, nor does TMZ or even Rush.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #13
E.TX.BOWHUNTER
Ten Point
 
E.TX.BOWHUNTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East Texas
Hunt In: Texas Public Lands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
If people were forced to write a check for their IRS payments rather than have them deducted from their check, millions more would care. Also, a purposeful lack of education in the public schools on such matters propagates their scam. The Country will eventually collapse if a massive correction is not made.
Make election day the day after the check is due! Why do you think election day is in November?
E.TX.BOWHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #14
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Conservative talk radio does not go around portraying itself as a media entity
its billed as entertainment.
And Libs..most recently Obama have been trying to shut up the talk biz for a very long time.
I'm simply saying that if a "news media" becomes a marketing firm for one side they should not get all the protections of a news organization.
Like, no more seat at the daily press briefings, no inside air force one booth
Entertainment tonight does not have a seat at the table, nor does TMZ or even Rush.

Don't get me wrong. I don't disagree with your assessment of the media or their desire to grab the Country by the nipples and drag it under water. They will hide behind their "press" moniker and cry foul. All the while, the Fairness Doctrine will forever be tried to ruthlessly stifle dissenting speech.

Per your comparing the MSM to TMZ, I couldn't agree more. I never understood why Bush didn't banish certain "news" agencies from the press room and revoke their credentials. Same with Trump. I equate the entire MSM with tabloid journalism and I believe they should be categorized and treated as such. Apparently, I misunderstood your original point and I apologize.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com