Wildlife Artist Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Artist Opportunity

I recently was approached by an wildlife artist that is extremely interested in my wildlife work and wants to use some of my photography work in his paintings. He recently won the Alabama Waterfowl Art Contest earning the title of representing the State of Alabama on the State's 2010-2011 duck stamp.

So I'm working with him, through my work, with the hope we can merge both art forms.

I'm absolutely honored! I can't paint, sure wished I could, through him I will paint.

Awesome!!!!

Congrats and keep us updated on how it goes.

Comment

Thank you - will do!

Here's some of his work.....unbelievable!

Comment

Congrats!!! I cannot believe that he painted that. All the best Rob!

Comment

That's awesome. congrats

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
            Thank you - will do!

Here's some of his work.....unbelievable!

Wholy thats not a painting painting batman!!!!!!

Comment

thats a painting? I thought that was one of Rob's pix that was gonna be painted!

Congrats Rob.

Comment

That's awesome, Rob! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the results!

I received a little recognition myself this week. The Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi is going to use one of my rattlesnake photos for an educational display. It will include a photo credit. Their Interpretation Manager found the photo on Flickr and contacted me for permission.

Well... ok... since it's for a good cause!

Comment

Outstanding and well deserved Rob. That painting is unbelievable. Looking forward to seeing some of yours/his work combined.

Comment

Sounds cool, Rob. Congrats! That painting is awesome. He even nailed the bokeh.

Comment

That's cool, can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

Comment

Rob, Congratulations. It would be interesting to see a certain number of editions of both works framed to match or framed together, signed by both of you (his painting, your photography).

By doing that you highlight natural beauty of nature and your artistic eye for catching the light and moment. He is able to provide the actual subject matter and present his artistic interpretation of the moment captured in the photograph. Presenting interesting similarities and diffrences from the same subject and moment in time. Just a thought.

Have a good one and Congratulations!

Comment

Thank you guys and congratulations David!

Bobcat, exactly and that was my first thought! I'm simply honored he found me and his work is arcylic based paint....a fast dry after the brush which means he has to work slowly to recreate each stroke. Probably the reason why his paintings are so sharp too.....amazing work and his details are simply unbelievable!

Comment

Congrats to both of you, Rob and David!

Comment

wow, that is an amazing painting. Keep us updated and congrats to you!!

Comment

Working...
                              X