The Welfare State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
    What do yall do for a living? Yall hiring?
    Be the employer not the employee

I'm not opposed to offering a helping hand, especially in a time of need like what happened with the Harvey disaster. I'll even do it without judgement. The ones that are cheating the system will have to answer for their wrong doing one day. It's not my place to judge.

Side Note: I'm not a fan of generational welfare.

Comment

Which line is longer?

Welfare line

or

The line to get a job application?

Personally, I've never had a line of people wanting to work for me. I have to fight, scratch and claw my way to a mediocre employee and even then, it takes months to find someone. Those welfare lines are why.

I have a cousin who is a worthless bag of excrement. She makes her living from welfare. She is intelligent, well spoken and pretty. She just sucks as a human being. She pops out kids like Trump tweets and all with different sperm donors. She refuses to work. She mooched off the generosity of my grandmother until her passing and now is driving my aunt into an early grave. Of course, she has been enabled by family members but welfare funded her lifestyle. I'd bet we all work just about every day. She should too.

Now, for the truly indigent, I have the utmost sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

I'm not opposed to offering a helping hand, especially in a time of need like what happened with the Harvey disaster. I'll even do it without judgement. The ones that are cheating the system will have to answer for their wrong doing one day. It's not my place to judge.

Much more eloquent than me! That was my exact thought on the whole deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
          Which line is longer?

Welfare line

or

The line to get a job application?

Personally, I've never had a line of people wanting to work for me. I have to fight, scratch and claw my way to a mediocre employee and even then, it takes months to find someone. Those welfare lines are why.

I have a cousin who is a worthless bag of excrement. She makes her living from welfare. She is intelligent, well spoken and pretty. She just sucks as a human being. She pops out kids like Trump tweets and all with different sperm donors. She refuses to work. She mooched off the generosity of my grandmother until her passing and now is driving my aunt into an early grave. Of course, she has been enabled by family members but welfare funded her lifestyle. I'd bet we all work just about every day. She should too.

Now, for the truly indigent, I have the utmost sympathy.
          I had an aunt on the system because her sorry husband left her with 3 kids and no job. She used it for 6 years while she earned a college degree and found a job. Then i have a brother . I have told my family that they better start weaning hom off the teet because when they all die he is going to starve to death if he thinks im going to give him money with out him earning it

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            I had an aunt on the system because her sorry husband left her with 3 kids and no job. She used it for 6 years while she earned a college degree and found a job. Then i have a brother . I have told my family that they better start weaning hom off the teet because when they all die he is going to starve to death if he thinks im going to give him money with out him earning it

I have no issue with your aunt, whatsoever. Good for her. That is a really great success story.

I have an uncle like your brother. At 60, still lives at home with mommy (my 92 year old grandmother). He is a strange cat and couldn't stay employed for 15 minutes. The rest of my family set him up for the remainder of his worthless existence. I don't get it.

Comment

Your Aunts story is what the system is set up for. People that hit hard times but are giving it their all to climb back up. Ive known plenty of scammers in my life and I've known success stories. I have no mercy for scammers but will help anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd rather be guilty of helping someone that didn't really need it than to be guilty of not helping someone that really did need it. Sometimes it's hard to discern who is who, but give with your good intentions and you can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  I have no issue with your aunt, whatsoever. Good for her. That is a really great success story.

I have an uncle like your brother. At 60, still lives at home with mommy (my 92 year old grandmother). He is a strange cat and couldn't stay employed for 15 minutes. The rest of my family set him up for the remainder of his worthless existence. I don't get it.
                  Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Your Aunts story is what the system is set up for. People that hit hard times but are giving it their all to climb back up. Ive known plenty of scammers in my life and I've known success stories. I have no mercy for scammers but will help anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they were all like aunt Martha the system would be perfect. Unfortunately the system is set up to enslave people and ive seen interviews with people who tried to cancel their free money after they got on their feet and they say its nearly impossible because the system wants you dependent on them.
                  I help people all the time, just yesterday i gave the 6$ i had in my wallet to a mexican who held a sign asking for work. Unfortunately there are way to many people asking for money less the whole work part

Comment

If politicians were serious about welfare reform, as few have tried, there would be mandatory drug testing and work requirements associated. There is NO REASON we are paying able bodied people to sit on the porch to drink fowties and smoke Swisher Sweets while there is trash to be picked up and grass to be mowed.

I have told the story on here a few times but here it goes again. I drove to the East side for a job about three years ago. It was "sketchy" to say the least. As soon as I turned onto the street, the unfamiliar vehicle was noticed by no less than 75 men ranging in age from 16 to 50. This is from where the fowties and Swisher Sweets comment arose. All of them left the porches and made their way to the yard to watch me drive by. I got a good look and I didn't see a single crutch or wheelchair among them. Being 1:00 PM, I sincerely doubt all of them work third shift. THAT IS A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      EXCELLENT.........we gotta do what we can with what the big guy has given us!

I work to pay taxes......lol! Then they can spread it to the true welfare state that has been around since the WWII.

Daggum, that is just downright rough for the ones that are TRULY in need.

I can agree with that, plus the festering generational welfare wagon by a segment of our society. I dang sure pay way more into that mess than I like to think about. But I can play along when environmental disasters take center stage...........for a few months!
                      Sad but when asked by my accountant if I wanted to contribute to a charity I told him I contribute to the largest charity in the world.......the IRS/US Goberment.

Hoping they change the tax code to give relief to those who pay the majority of the taxes in this country. I would love to use some of that savings to fund charities of my choosing.

Comment

It's been proven many times that when you offer something like this hundreds of people who don't need it or do not qualify ( as in not impacted by the storm) will show up for the hand out.
                        I'd be willing to bet a significant portion of that crowd is only there because its free
                        True. The word is out. My ex wife's cousin was trying to drag my ex wife down there for some "free stuff" because they live in he zip codes. She didn't go, but her cousin sure as heck did and neither were affected by the flood.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

That is the goal! Currently work for my families business

Comment

Now they are thinking some people getting the cards are not flood victims or in need.

Harris County Judge Ed Emmett calls it a big mistake and so do a lot of commuters affected by the traffic nightmare of D-SNAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Now they are thinking some people getting the cards are not flood victims or in need.

http://abc13.com/community-events/al...-snap/2550951/

Who woulda seen this comin'??

Comment

Working...
                              X