CC Concealment Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC Concealment Guidance

After all these years I have finally decided to get my LTC/CHL. Completed application will be processed on Monday. I need some guidance from you "experts" on some things.

1. The largest concern I have is being able to adequately conceal while carrying out my daily duties.

I wear boots, jeans with tucked in long sleeve dress shirts 365 days a year.

I have tried IWB in lower back, kidney and front of hip with Sig P6 and Ruger LC9s and it is still obvious. I tried a shoulder holster with both and it looks like i'm smuggling a case of beer under my arm in a dress shirt (with a lite jacket it is fine). I thought about an ankle holster but it will take me an hour to pull up the starched jeans high enough to get over the boot!!!

Guidance accepted...

Recommended holster?? Recommend specialty weapons?? Are the shirts with holsters in them worth a count??

rear pocket holster for the LC9

Comment

When I dress like you I just don't carry. It sucks, so I'm subscribed for responses from those that've figured out how to do it well.

Comment

There is a great video on youtube about a girl hiding a crossbread holster. Watch it for the holster. I have seen several in law enforcement using it.

Comment

I dress in jeans and untucked T shirt, so my advice is less than expert, but front pocket carry with the LC9 may be your best bet.

In the cooler weather, -60*, I wear a Carhart vest, and could conceal a Smith 29 if I wanted. You may have to break your dress code or not be completely concealed. Your choice.

Comment

In. Same issues.

Comment

You would be surprised how many people will never notice it. You notice it because you are looking for it. I carry a full size XD 40. Have carried both OC and CC. No one batted an eye.

Comment

Front pocket carry an lcp or a s&w 642

Comment

Anyone tired one of these??

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    You would be surprised how many people will never notice it. You notice it because you are looking for it. I carry a full size XD 40. Have carried both OC and CC. No one batted an eye.
                    Same here. Mostly my Glock G23 but have also carried my 1911 and if someone noticed they never said not acknowledged...

And I most dress for my gun, not the other way around. IWB, colored tee with a dress shirt/cover shirt untucked. Or a white tee under a Polo shirt. Or once or twice OC. But usually with a OWB it's a tee and unbuttoned dress/cover shirt.

Comment

Pocket carry in jeans can be tough, depending on the fit of the jeans. If you are dead set or required to continue to tuck your shirt in, the urban carry holster may be a good idea. I have never used it, but it looks like a good solution for your particular situation. I have ankle carried daily in the past, but I had to get my boot custom modified to fit my ankle holster, then it took about a month before it became comfortable, and it goes without saying that you need to train for whatever carry method you choose. Good luck, hope it helps.

Comment

I usually carry a full sized XD45 outside the waistband untucked. Not a problem.

Tucked I use a Comptac Minetaur IWB that I can tuck with slacks or jeans. Just blouse the tuck line like most people do.

I tend to dress for the gun I want to carry, not fix after the fact.

That being said I have an LC9 and LCR that I will carry when I need to be deeper in my concealment.

Comment

I wear the same thing as you every day. I boot carry and it works great. Check out sticky holsters they have a great product that allows many different options of carry.

Comment

Thunderwear.

I swear my old boss carries this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                              You would be surprised how many people will never notice it. You notice it because you are looking for it.
                              How do you get past the black clips poking out though?

Comment

Working...
                              X