Dog Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Stand

This is not really anything to do with bow hunting, unless you hunt ducks with your bow but....For those who don't want to shell out the cash for a dog stand following is one that can but made fairly cheap. Altogether it ran me about $35. It is made from one piece of 3/4"plywood 2'x2', (4) 1 1/4" pvc 45's, (1) 1 1/4" pvc cross, (1) 1 1/4" x 10' pvc pipe, (4) 1 1/4" conduit straps and of course screws to hold them down. Here are some pics for anyone interested.

Very nice!!

Comment

I think that will work

Comment

Nice.

Comment

What a great idea! Congrats!

Comment

Great light weight idea. I use a lock on deer stand when possible, but that will open up more options without taking up muck room or adding weight.

Thanks for the idea.

Have you seen if it trys to float yet?

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Great light weight idea. I use a lock on deer stand when possible, but that will open up more options without taking up muck room or adding weight.

Thanks for the idea.

Have you seen if it trys to float yet?
                I used it last season and didn't have problems with it floating, but the areas I used it at had a mud bottom so being stuck in the mud may have held the legs in place....?

Comment

One other thing I thought about doing was screwing in two eye's on the top of the platform (across from each other) and running a strap from one to the other to make a handle to carry it or put it over your back. Then once you are at your destination you could use one of the same eyes to tie off your dog if he or she tends to break.

Comment

Looks like the dog is happy with it, looks nice.

Comment

Weight?

How much weight will it support? My wet lab weighs 70 lbs, and was wondering if this would support her? Thanks Jason Slocum

Comment

did you glue your pvc together or leave it to where you can use longer legs if need be

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                            How much weight will it support? My wet lab weighs 70 lbs, and was wondering if this would support her? Thanks Jason Slocum
                            Dutch weighs 62lbs and it holds her very sturdy. I don't think it would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by whitemike11 View Post
                              did you glue your pvc together or leave it to where you can use longer legs if need be
                              I only glued the center T and the pieces that connect it to the 45's. I left the legs unglued so that I can change them out if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X