Gun Show Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Show Prices

I took my son to the Saxet gun show last weekend. The prices marked were retail plus. Do the vendors hope an idiot comes in and pays the price? Do they do this so when you negotiate you think your getting a deal? Several vendors had the Heritage 22LR pistol for $239 - $259. I bought my son the combo with the magnum cylinder and LR at Academy last year for $180.

Good question. Curious myself also

Comment

That's pretty much why I don't go to gun shows anymore..

Comment

I don't even go to the shows anymore. The price to get in plus everything being overpriced made it not worth it. Sometimes these guys want new prices for beat up used guns.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
          I don't even go to the shows anymore. The price to get in plus everything being overpriced made it not worth it. Sometimes these guys want new prices for beat up used guns.
          X2. I would rather just shop the local pawn shops. I haven’t found a deal at a gun show in years.

Comment

Gun show prices have got stupid and I don’t waste my time anymore. I would rather buy guns here than anywhere else. I have snagged some good deals lately off our Trading Post on the local radio, even the flea markets have a few bargains occasionally.

Comment

I think any deals that you may run in to are mostly offset by the cost of admission and parking.

Comment

Last gun show I went to had some steel cased Wolf ammo (6.5 Grendel)- 20 round boxes for $23.00. Normally you can buy this ammo for around $6 a box. I asked them about it to see if they mis-priced it because the good Hornady brass cased ammo typically sells for around $20 - $23 a box, so I figured he might have just messed up.

The guy proceeded to get pretty upset with me when I told him the real cost of this ammo, and he kind of insinuated I didn't know what I was talking about. His wife came over and started mouthing off too saying "everyone thinks they are an expert". I just laughed a little and politely said "no worries, ill come back and see yall next time y'all come around and check up on the boxes of ammo, cause I know they will still be here"

The thing is, I would have bought that ammo even if it was over priced, simply because it was convenient. I would have probably paid up to $10 - $12 a box... but no way I was going to pay almost 4 times the actual cost of that ammo.

I've pretty much quit going to them, because there isn't very many good deals to be had, and its the same dealers at every show pedaling the same overpriced stuff they couldn't sell the last show..

Comment

I go on occasion, but not very often. I did find a good deal on a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Crudmore and a scope.

I was looking for a set of 6.5 X 55 dies and there was one guy selling nothing but dies. The cheapest dies he had were $45 and they weren't even the caliber I wanted. I just walked away SMH.

Comment

I still go to shows, to kill time and possibly find good deals.
                    No one like high prices, but then again you do not have to buy the item either.
                    After a while and the dealer sells nothing, he will have to evaluate the prices and selling strategies. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Comment

I can get through the saxet in 20mins unless I see something I want...I'm only interested in used guns that I may be able to turn & the possible collectable.

That obviously won't take very long!! Funny thing is you see the same guys & the same guns on the same tables & Year after Year...I wouldn't make it as an ffl unless I turned my inventory & don't understand what angle some of those guys are doing. I've actually bought ore neat guns from others walking the floor than on the table.

I can't comment on the tables with the new stuff...really not sure how they compete with the internet other than the stated convenience factor, as I will pay a little too much for powder & primers from time to time.

Comment

Just like buying anything else, do your homework before you go

Most dealers are overpriced, maybe due to the cost of their space?

Comment

Last show I went to was a joke . Waste of entry fee .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have never found a deal at the Saxet shows. The wife and I have talked about the pricing and wondered the same thing.

Comment

Used to be gun shows was the place to go. New gun prices were good, all styles and brands of guns. Reloading stuff was reasonable and gun trading could happen. I traveled all over Texas going to gun shows, buying, selling and trading.
                              About 15 years ago I noticed a decline in antique guns and fair priced used ones. That trend continued to the point that they sell t shirts, stun guns and most other flea market garbage at them now. Reloading stuff and optics are priced beyond reasonable as well. Especially Saxet.
                              I have not been to a gun show in a year or so, but noticed at the last one the same guys with the same guns, same high prices and same arrogant attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X