Pistol Grip Fishing Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol Grip Fishing Rods

I know they are out of date and a lot of guys see them as useless, but I have plenty of rods and wanted to try something different. I am looking for a pistol grip rod to throw smaller spinner bates (probably 3/8 oz range) around the pond at the property. Any suggestions? Hard to find much online.

for sure hard to find but they are wonderful for pond and river fishin IMO.

Comment

Check Bass Pro online. At one time they had some.

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
        Check Bass Pro online. At one time they had some.
        I went there this weekend and they were alright but either had way too much backbone or none at all.

Comment

Can you put a bump stock on them?

Comment

Assault rods should be banned immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit some pawn shops. I picked an '80's era Lews pistol grip rod for $10 last weekend.

Comment

I'm not a fan of pistol grip rods. I was a fishing guide and they wouldn't fit in rod holders...but, I haven't fished them since I was probably 10. I prefer a longer butt rod. Can anchor the rod against the forearm, and angle in fish if needed.

However, if a pistol grip rod, gets you up in the morning...more power to you. They just are not my thing, and mean no disrespect.

Comment

There aren’t many these days, and what remains is usually fairly short. Not too many companies putting high-dollar blanks in pistol grips in recent years.
                  Berkley makes one:

Shakespeare has some as well:

Your best bet for a nice blank in a pistol grip is to build one.
                  All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

Comment

I have a bunch in the shed at my parents from my dad's tournament fishing days in the early 80's. I don't think there is a one of them over 5'6". Hard to find a rod under 6 1/2 these days.

Haven't fished them in years this post makes me want to break Them out

Comment

I love em for river fishing. Good bait-caster on a 6' GX2 P-grip is the business out of a canoe. I'm almost embarrassed to say it but Ugly Stick makes a fine P-grip.

Comment

I can split hairs with a 5’10” pistol grip rod. I don’t know why, but I’m deadly accurate in as if it becomes an extension of my pointer finger. It seams that all the pros went to deep water fishing and the rods all jumped to 8ft long. Harder to fight a fish with, but good problem to have. Spinner bait king.

Comment

Working...
                          X