No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pretty dark tarsal glands. Good job guys! I will be sitting in the box blind in Polk tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post

Doe down this morning 150 yard shot in Polk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice doe. I'm hopeful, but not overly optimistic for my weekend in Segno. My dad just checked 3 of my cameras and nothing is showing up during the day at all. I'm bringing my 7 year old son with me this weekend, so it would be nice if something walks out.

Hunting off the South Firelane in Segno, TX

Comment

Deer seem to be getting pretty "frisky" around the house and down in the south end of the county... May go sit Saturday morning for a doe, but have domestic duties rest of the weekend.

Folks are sure posting up some nice bucks!! Looks like a pretty good season so far.

Comment

What are yalls thoughts on age on this buck? I don't have a whole lot of pics and the others don't offer a clear view.

This is the first time he's been on camera but I think I saw him about 200 yards away on Sunday.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
              Nice doe. I'm hopeful, but not overly optimistic for my weekend in Segno. My dad just checked 3 of my cameras and nothing is showing up during the day at all. I'm bringing my 7 year old son with me this weekend, so it would be nice if something walks out.

Hunting off the South Firelane in Segno, TX

We'll cameras don't tell the whole truth I found that out yesterday had deer there yesterday just not walking by it im sure you will see something good luck

Comment

Its been a slow going in San Jacinto Co. There was no deer on two of my spots for the last two weeks. Those two spots I hunted yesterday because of the perfect wind but didn't see a thing.
                Today I might hunt my most productive spot and trust the scent control.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post

You shot that fawn killer with the wrong thing lol!

Comment

The shutter just seemed to annoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                      You shot that fawn killer with the wrong thing lol!

your food plot looks like mine. we need some rain very bad. assuming thats a plot the pig is crossing

Comment

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I may be at my grandson's basketball game in the morning instead of in my pop up... either way, it will be good!

Comment

The shutter just seemed to annoy it.
                          Definitely thought that was a three-legged Bobby for a couple minutes.

Love the captures, even porky.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                            Definitely thought that was a three-legged Bobby for a couple minutes.

Love the captures, even porky.
                            5yds and zoomed in.

Comment

5yds and zoomed in.
                              You done any good yet?

Comment

Saw more riding around with the kiddos looking at calves. I haven't seen the first set of horns from the stand, except for when I was spraying wasp out of them. When it's windy and they're holding in cover, I have no place on to hunt without blowing deer out.

Comment

Working...
                                X