Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any luck this fine cold morning out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing for the wife and I.

The neighbor atv parade kicked off at 940 today. Started with horn honking on truck followed by hollering in the woods again.

Think I'm gonna find some cheap pad locks and lock them out. At least then they can walk like us

Comment

Saw a small doe, but she didn't have mama with her this time. Or mama just didn't walk out. Talking with others on our lease, they seem to be moving late this morning.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Was up in a new spot that I hand corned last week. It is set up for east wind on the western edge of the property. Well the wind was perfect for it so that's where I was this morning. Had one doe a few times on cam and what I think may be a shooter 8 point. Around 9:30 the squirrels behind me started to make a ruckus. Stood up and looked over my shoulder and sure enough a doe a fawn, 50 yards. Just the other side of the fence. She was on alert and we just looked at each other for some while. She would put her head down, and pop it up real quick. I thought I would spray son doe pp to cover my sent blowing her way, but this made her blow and ran the other way.

Before anyone jumps me for hunting near the fence line, all I can say is that our place is real small. 72 ac for 5 hunters and I try to find the most out of the way areas it allows. Will not shoot across property line. Anyway this is east TX ain't it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
              Maybe, if he was watching you do it.
              I thought I heard laughing from the bushes

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                I did that once and the buck was so jealous and embarassed that he never came back.....It wasnt a cold morning though! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post

Squirrel?

Comment

I can't wait to get back in the woods! I worked most of this week. I'm on shift tomorrow and work the side job Monday. Then I'll be in the stand Tue-Fri.

Hunted two weeks ago and had a young 8 chasing a doe around under my stand. There is scrapes near one of my set ups and rubs every where. The Rut should be on good in San Jacinto Co by now.

Comment

It has been incredibly slow at my lease. We're not really even getting pictures of critters. And very few scrapes have popped up. Those that did were abandoned as quickly as they were made.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        It has been incredibly slow at my lease. We're not really even getting pictures of critters. And very few scrapes have popped up. Those that did were abandoned as quickly as they were made.
                        Scrapes are not being touched here in Houston Co. There have been so many does in heat that there was no time to work scrapes. That should pick back up next week as some of the does go out of season.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Scrapes are not being touched here in Houston Co. There have been so many does in heat that there was no time to work scrapes. That should pick back up next week as some of the does go out of season.
                          I concur.

Comment

41 up my way good luck to everyone this morning

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck everybody. I'm in here in Houston county. Feels good today.

Comment

Slowest morning I can remember in years. Have not seen a single deer

Comment

Working...
                                X