Poison oak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poison oak?

I hope not but I’m pretty positive it is.... realized it one I got my climber in this tree and got off the ground.... the climber has cut all into this vine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell without a picture of the leaves, but it certainly could be...

Comment

Originally posted by Ødin View Post
      Hard to tell without a picture of the leaves, but it certainly could be...

No leaves... I’m allergic as hell to poison ivy. Can’t remember if I’m allergic to poison oak. I’d rather not find out 5 hours from home on day 1 of a 4 day hunting trip....

Comment

Hard to say but likely yes. I helped my dad one day and he cut those large vines with a chainsaw. It was the worst I’ve ever got from poison oak.
        If they are dead and dry your probably ok.
        It’s the oil from the leaves that causes the reaction. But I know the live vines with a chainsaw will do it too

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
          Hard to say but likely yes. I helped my dad one day and he cut those large vines with a chainsaw. It was the worst I’ve ever got from poison oak.
          If they are dead and dry your probably ok.
          It’s the oil from the leaves that causes the reaction. But I know the live vines with a chainsaw will do it too

The vines are still green and alive. At least they were where my climber cut into them.

Comment

If you allergic to poison ivy then your allergic to poison oak and poison sumac. All three have the same oil that causes the allergic reaction. Urishy oil or something like that.

Comment

It isn't poison oak. Poison oak is more like a small plantation or Bush. What you are thinking of is climbing poison ivy and no that is not it. If it looked like this than you would be in trouble.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully it's Virginia Creeper.

Comment

Poison ivy

Comment

I'm super allergic and didn't know they could have vines like that. I hung a lock on and kept wrapping my arms around that stuff. Several days later my forearms were covered in rashes. Sucked ***!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      I'm super allergic and didn't know they could have vines like that. I hung a lock on and kept wrapping my arms around that stuff. Several days later my forearms were covered in rashes. Sucked ***!

Well, hopefully I’m not all rashed up!

Comment

If vines have lots of small red or brown fine hairs then its poison ivy. If there are less hairs and they are thicker and flat then its virginia creeper...
                        Last edited by Red_RaiderHTC; 11-26-2017, 07:34 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

Working...
                        X