Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do? He's 5. Hard to let him walk...but I want to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy gene resemblance to that other buck from the same area. Pretty cool to that happen again so many years later in the same general area.

Comment

Wow! What a deer! It would be hard to watch him walk off. But then you have that voice in the back of your head that's saying "wonder how big he will be next yr"! Tough one.

Comment

Love seeing the progression over the years. One hell of a buck!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post

Big applause from the audience.I often feel some remorse after we take out a buck knowing we will never see him on the ranch again. Bittersweet.Nice having them on the wall but super cool seeing them live running around doing their thing.
          Thanks elgato for such a clear expression of where I am with my 'hunting" at this stage of my own life. I'm hoping that someone doesn't come along and cull me because I passed the breeding age some years ago..!

Comment

He looks a lot like Mrs. Stedman’s Faith Ranch deer that won several deer contests last year. Your deer has better brows and looks a little wider than hers though.

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
              Thanks elgato for such a clear expression of where I am with my 'hunting" at this stage of my own life. I'm hoping that someone doesn't come along and cull me because I passed the breeding age some years ago..!
              That last bit made me laugh

Once you get to the point that killing isn't at the top of the list I think you truly get more enjoyment out of "hunting"

Comment

Sweet 8lb 6oz baby Jesus...

Comment

The view from behind is stunning. What are you thinking on score???

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                    Another pic.

Sent from my Walkie Talkie using Tapatalk.
                    What a brute!Drop him just for the uniqueness!

Comment

First let me start by saying, "Que Chulada"! Impressive jump once again and another deer of a lifetime from your place. However, for those of us who follow your threads and know the extreme discipline it takes year in and year out to have the level of deer you all do, we know you're going to let him walk to at least see another year . I can't wait until you or Tuco post live field pics of him this season!

Comment

I Love age and management to The Fullest as You Know But, No I don't think honesty I could Pass Him Marco. Hope he Keeps moving forward for Ya

He a Beast in So Many ways....

Comment

Wow. What a dream type deer!
                          I am the old guy that likes watching my own bucks in the offseason as much as killing them. I would be inclined to let him breed and be your science experiment/ breeder. And kill an old, ugly rack instead.
                          I assume drop genetics will pass like spread, points and mass.

All of that is out the window if mom or daughter want to hunt!

Thanks for sharing. I totally support your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            The view from behind is stunning. What are you thinking on score???
                            He's gotta be close to 200 right?

give him 34 inches of mass and say he is 25x25x25 that's 109 frame. He's probably wider.

What do you get?

Comment

No hesitation for me...Id put an arrow right through him. lol

Comment

Wow,Great Buck,tough choice,Good luck in whatever you decide to do

Comment

Working...
                                X