Long Bed or Short Bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
    The new fords are 30 gal for short bed and 48 gal for the long beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There ya go. Mine is 2015

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I bought mine LWB cause I needed it for work, but kept it when I switched careers because it always comes in handy. After working in trucks for so many years it's second nature for me to make the right moves to park. I can see where SWB might be a plus for parking in the big city but when you need to haul something it's a no for me. Plus a LWB 4X4 rides a whole lot better than a short!

Comment

I prefer a long bed but actually "need" a shortbed for work. Lots of Parking Garages and downtown parallel parking a crew cab long bed gets old.

Comment

Been a F250 short bed guy all my life, went to a F350 long bed last year and will never go back. To me the pros out weigh the cons all day long.

Comment

I think I may be reconsidering my earlier opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it depends on where you're driving to work every day. ideally. long bed. but, if you are like me and park in a garage designed by morons with hard right angle turns, then a long bed is just too much of a pain in the *** live with day in and day out.

Comment

I've got a short bed.
                Wanted a long bed so I can sleep in it. I'm 6'7"

Comment

While I love the capacity of the long bed, I have to have a short bed to negotiate the extremely rugged terrain that I hunt. If you lion hunt in the Navajo Nation, you will find out about poor road conditions. We have to turn these pickups around where you can't turn one around when you drive for a mile and find that your road disappeared. I really liked my Ford Ranger but need more room for camera and dog gear. I mounted a big tool box on top of my dog box.
                  Gary

Comment

I hate the short beds, and don't like the looks of the long beds. That's why I have a 6.5' bed. perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                      I have had both. Currently have one of each. I prefer the long bed but it is easier to park places in the short bed. But we take the long bed almost all the time when we travel
                      This. Long bed is great for trips, especially when me and the wife both over pack, short bed for daily driver.

Comment

I bet most of us buy what we want, not what we need.

Comment

In a crew cab half ton truck it makes no difference you can't haul crap in the bed anyways, better just to use a trailer to haul everything if you have a crew. I can load a pallet of paver stone in a crew cab all the way up next to the cab and bottom out the rear end. Take a long bed regular cab put that pallet of paver up next to the cab and you can haul it easily.

Comment

Long wheel base for me. Gets you the larger tank and keeps me from towing a trailer the majority if the time.

Comment

Mine in action
                              Attached Files

Comment

Current truck is a 1/2 ton with a 5.5ft bed. I'm planning the next one to be 6.5ft bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X