Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not happy with Polaris customer service...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy with Polaris customer service...

I have a 2010 Sportsman 850 and it’s never really run like I’ve wanted it to. The other day, I drove it 10 miles in to town at around 45 mph. It has 320 hours on it and has been ridden very little as I don’t live where I keep it.

Because I rode it at a high rate of speed, the air box and air filter filled up with oil and would not start when I got it back to the cabin. Even tho I’ve owned it 8 years, I’ve never ridden it over 25 miles an hour. I did some internet searching and it seems this was a common issue with the 2010s.

I called the stealership in Tyler, they quoted me $1000 to fix it. Sulphur Springs said they’d fix it for a couple hundred bucks. They said the people in Tyler were crazy. After waiting 3 weeks for it to get fixed, they call me and tell me it’s a $1000, come get it. I went ballistic.

Edit: I scoured the Internet forums after dropping my 4 wheeler off at NorTex Polaris in Sulphur Springs. Lots and lots of 2010 Sportsman had this sucking oil into the air intake issue. To date, Polaris has not admitted that it’s a design flaw, but it’s pretty obvious that it is.

I talked them down to $750 and went to pick it up. When I pick it up, the mechanic says I should have called Polaris. He said Polaris might have paid for it. I thanked him for the information...but asked why in the heck didn’t he tell me this before I paid for it. He shrugged his shoulders...this is foreshadowing folks.

I call Polaris, they say they’re sorry, sucks to be me, out of warranty. I asked why I should have to pay for an obvious design flaw with the air intake sucking oil into it. The “patch” fix they supplied to the dealer was well known across the internet...they then offered a $500 voucher.

After a week of negotiating, I got them up to a $750 voucher...which is what I paid to fix the 4 wheeler. They actually blamed me for not calling them first, then they blamed the dealer for not telling me. Can’t get my money back, so I’m stuck with a voucher that I don’t need/can’t use, and out money I didn’t have. Thank you Polaris. Next time, I will buy a Honda or Yamaha.

If you want to buy the $750 voucher for $500, it’s for sale or trade in the classifieds.
    Last edited by Shinesintx; 11-16-2018, 06:59 PM.

What're thoughts about Kawasaki Mule?

Comment

Originally posted by WamBow View Post
      What're thoughts about Kawasaki Mule?
      Don’t have one, never ridden in one...currently not happy with Polaris. Maybe others have had better luck? My Sportsman has always made a clunking sound while riding it...the sound went away with this new patch fix.
      Last edited by Shinesintx; 11-16-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Polaris......the 6.0 PSD of the utv world!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Polaris......the 6.0 PSD of the utv world!
          That’s painfully funny.

Comment

Not to high jack your thread , dont deal with mahindra customer service either they false advertise 7yr powertrain warranty , just finish putting a new motor in my xtv cause the head cracked and they didn't even try to help but luckily the dealer saved about $4000 in repairs , only paid $2600 cause he said I cant let a veteran get screwed like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
              Not to high jack your thread , dont deal with mahindra customer service either they false advertise 7yr powertrain warranty , just finish putting a new motor in my xtv cause the head cracked and they didn't even try to help but luckily the dealer saved about $4000 in repairs , only paid $2600 cause he said I cant let a veteran get screwed like that!!
              Ouch, that sucks.

Comment

It was clown show!! But only has 80hrs and still paying on it so we just paid instead of fighting it!!

Comment

Sounds like you should have done some research afore you purchased,, not after.

Comment

That’s Polaris for you. Not sure why people like them so much, their machines aren’t at the same quality as other manufacturers.

On another note I just sent you a PM with a polaris specific mechanic that does great work.
                    Last edited by KyleW; 11-16-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                      That’s Polaris for you. Not sure why people like them so much, their machines aren’t at the same quality as other manufacturers.

On another note I just sent you a PM with a polaris specific mechanic that does great work.
                      I hate saying it, but I prefer Japanese products. Love my Kubota tractor, hate my Polaris. If I wasn’t so lazy, I’d sell it and buy a Grizzly.

Comment

Kawasaki mule is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                          Kawasaki mule is the way to go!

If you want a utv that’s under powered, sits too low to the ground, and has a transmission that grinds every time you put it in gear after a couple years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                            If you want a utv that’s under powered, sits too low to the ground, and has a transmission that grinds every time you put it in gear after a couple years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            They all have their issues

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                              That's why I will never purchase a Polaris anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X