This ever happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ever happen to you?

So last night I was getting ready to call it a night, was in the bedroom and started to shuck the pants when all of the sudden I got a sharp ( no pun intended ) pain in my left leg that was burning like fire. As it turns out, my spring assist pocket knife had some how came open with out me knowing, that bad boy did a number on my leg. Has anyone ever had their spring assist come open in their pocket? I am thinking I no longer need to carry this knife. Prior to this I had been doing a lot of bending and squatting building a hog trap, so what are the odds of something like this happening? I know, 100% in my case, but really!!???

The knife is a Kershaw " speed safe "

Yes, that's when I learned to use the safety on mine.

Comment

No, but I picked up a weird knife at a gun show about 15-20 yrs ago. Saw no opening for a blade. Pushed a button, and sent the blade from the palm side of my thumb, out the other side. Quite the spectical lol.

Comment

No but I set my truck alarm off

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          No, but I picked up a weird knife at a gun show about 15-20 yrs ago. Saw no opening for a blade. Pushed a button, and sent the blade from the palm side of my thumb, out the other side. Quite the spectical lol.
          You changed a gun show into something entirely different.

That makes me hurt as well as what happened in the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
            Yes, that's when I learned to use the safety on mine.
            Safety???? Do tell.

Comment

On a Kershaw

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Never had one cut me, but I have had a kershaw speed safe come open in my pocket a couple times before. I thought it was a one time thing, but it seems to be a pretty common occurrence. After it happened twice, I started using the little safety slider on the tail of the knife. I like my Kershaws too much to give up carrying them.

Comment

No but I've thought about that happening. Just be glad it was only your leg......you'll still have a deep voice tomorrow.

Comment

Six to be me, It looks like I have the mounting hole for the safety, but no safety mounted.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	K1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	24559952

Click image for larger version

Name:	K2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	24559953

Comment

Tha should say SUX

Comment

Guess I will get on their web page tomorrow and see if I can get a safety installed or sent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          No but I've thought about that happening. Just be glad it was only your leg......you'll still have a deep voice tomorrow.
                          You got that right, tomorrow night is my bi-monthly night

Comment

I have a Kershaw with the speed safe opening. I put in my back pocket with the blade opening side against the outer seam of the pocket. That way of it opens it never comes fully open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                              I have a Kershaw with the speed safe opening. I put in my back pocket with the blade opening side against the outer seam of the pocket. That way of it opens it never comes fully open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That is the same way mine is, but in the left front pocket. It should not be able to open. However, it was open enough that the razor sharp tip and a little more was able to find its way into my leg. I should have emptied my pockets first, but I was ready for bed and took a short cut. As sharp as I keep my knives I am just glad it was not worse than it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X