Hunting & the HEAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting & the HEAT

I want to go hunting this evening, but DANG it is HOT !!!!

Rick

I was thinking about sitting tonight as well, it's supposed to be in the 90s though here in Erath. I'm ready for some cool weather, this heat is ruining my season!

Comment

I don't like wasting weekend days on the couch during bow season but I no longer can get motivated to sit in a pop up when it is in the mid 90's. Next weekend they are calling for highs in the mid 80's -- still too hot for my liking but semi-tolerable.

Comment

I'll be in my stand in about an hr. Light weight camo, and SHADE!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I've got 98 degrees in the shade right now.
          It won't cool down until way after dark.

Anything you shoot in this heat, you better find quick, because it won't take it long to spoil.

As much as I want to go, I think I'm gonna pass.

Supposed to be a little cooler on Tuesday, especially in the morning, and I'm off, so it'll keep till then.

Rick

Comment

I have not hunted at all this season due to the heat. No way am I going to sit, sweat, and take a chance on getting busted while dripping sweat. I will save my areas until better hunting weather arrives. Until then I will enjoy camp time. Always plenty to do there.

Comment

I'm gonna keep slinging fish in the cooler and worry about slingin arrows later!!

Comment

Pretty awful... not to mention the dust because the lack of rain. I can't sit in the tree without have to sneeze 40 times.

Comment

Sat yesterday afternoon and sweated my butt off. Acorns falling on my head the entire time. The deer will be on the acorns for a while. Hoping the hot weather and acorns don't last long.

Comment

Been that way since the first bow season. This is Texas and it's October.

Comment

It's hot but you can't kill them sitting on the couch! Plus, sitting in a bow stand is better than sitting indoors to me.

I'm putting on my lightweight gear, getting in the shade and praying for a breeze!

Comment

I got in my ground blind yesterday at 2:20PM. It was very hot till almost dark. And to top it off, I did not see much of anything.

Oh well, like they always said, you can't kill them sitting in camp!

Bisch

Comment

Why did I think sitting in a rifle blind would be cooler than the tripod...

Comment

I bought a blind fan, helps a little.

Comment

Hot 95 degrees,come on cool front.

Comment

Working...
                              X