No announcement yet.

Feeder Timers 😡😡😡

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had good luck with the newer β€œPlan B”, also. About $20-$25 cheaper than β€œThe Timer”.

Don’t want to risk ruining a hunt using a $29 cheapy WGI vs. a $45 Plan B or $65 Timer.

OTOH, I’m amazed that I can go buy a tablet at Walmart that is internet ready and has GB’s of memory, for about the same price as a timer designed 20 years ago that turns on an electric motor a few times a day...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      See my post about the bad batch and them warrantying them.

Good stuff. Will check on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Easiest solution is to not hunt under a feeder.

I kid

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
          Any of you guy's using The Timer feeder having to adjust the clock every 2 months. It sees to work great but looses mintues every week. I have them in 3 of my feeders with The Remote and having this issue.
          They had a bad run of some a while back. I had three that wouldn’t hold time, took them back to where I bought them and they changed them out at no charge.

That being said, I have also used some WGI timers for over ten years now without a hitch with them other than they drain your primary battery (where The Timer uses a separate battery).
          Last edited by Greenheadless; 11-18-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
            The timer, foreverlast has one similar and I’ve had good luck with my all seasons

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Is this issue fixed? I’d rather it not go off than empty the feeder.
            https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=674558

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            The timer. If you want your entire feeder emptied. They should have recalled their defective timers but didn't.
            I’ve only owned 1 feeder with The Timer and I actually bought it just recently here from a fellow TBHer. Take it for what it’s worth because I must have got one of the bad batches and that feeder crapped out only 4 days after I filled it Labor Day weekend and emptied the entire 85 gallons of corn just like noted above.

I’m not knocking The Timer in terms of overall reliably but I’ve owned 4 ForEverlast feeders with their timers over the years and never had even 1 hiccup with them.
            So....there’s that [emoji849]
            Last edited by RascalArms; 11-18-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I heard the owners of wild game innovations even use the timer.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                I’ve only owned 1 feeder with The Timer and I actually bought it just recently here from a fellow TBHer. Take it for what it’s worth because I must have got one of the bad batches and that feeder crapped out only 4 days after I filled it Labor Day weekend and emptied the entire 85 gallons of corn just like noted above.

I’m not knocking The Timer in terms of overall reliably but I’ve owned 4 ForEverlast feeders with their timers over the years and never had even 1 hiccup with them.
                So....there’s that [emoji849]
                Thanks. I’ll pass. My ****ty American Hunter works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                  Any of you guy's using The Timer feeder having to adjust the clock every 2 months. It sees to work great but looses mintues every week. I have them in 3 of my feeders with The Remote and having this issue.

My brother has a couple older feeders (5 or 6 years old) he inherited from the previous land owner and he says his β€œThe Timer’s” drift a lot too. I thought I read that this was an issue on the older models but the new ones have it worked out. I doubt members here would recommend if they still had this issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't fool with them and never think about them again.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                      I have had good luck with Allseasons timer and Everlast timer. But I have a Moultrie prohunter timer with duel battery hook-up that has been a tank. It is at least 10 years old and has Never missed a beat. It is the Only Moultrie product that I will ever have and has a lifetime warranty. It has been very impressive..they are like $79 at Academy.

I have the same Moultrie timer on my feeder and it’s been stellar. No noticeable time drift ever and has been running for about 5 years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Be careful bashing WGI

Google WGI feeder timer and see what they look like

Then google feeder timer images and take note of how many differ et "brands" look exactly like the WGI

I ordered a plan B after talking with Foreverlast

Little cheaper than the timer but looks like it does the same things

Comment

I personally us "the timer" on my feeders. Idk about everyone else on this site lol

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            The timer. If you want your entire feeder emptied. They should have recalled their defective timers but didn't.
                            This guy will never be satisfied. I'm sure he has a busbice signed wildgame innovations cap at home.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              I may get flamed for this but you should try the timer
                              This just sounds too far fetched. Sounds Fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                This guy will never be satisfied. I'm sure he has a busbice signed wildgame innovations cap at home.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X