My buddies second kill with a bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddies second kill with a bow

This video was shot in San Saba, Texas. I took my friend Scott to my place to try to get the drop on some does. He actually took two does that weekend. His first two deer with a bow. He was very excited and it took him awhile to contain his jitters enough to actually hit an animal. He flat out missed the first two deer he shot at. Been there before. By the time he got in the stand and shot this doe he only had one carbon arrow left in his quiver. He lost both of the arrows he missed with and we never recovered the arrow from the doe he shot before this one.

At the end of the day, he was not happy with the penentration of his arrows. You will see what I am talking about in this video. The arrow in this video probably should have been a complete pass through even though the shot placement was high. That inspired him to go take his MQ1 to Fay at NTA to see if anything could be done.

Anyway, he got a taste of just how difficult connecting on an animal with good placement can be under pressure. He has vowed to come back during the off season and practice on pigs before the 2009 season starts.

I'm still working on the video from his first doe. Ill post when I get it done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Is he hooked though?

Something didn't sound right on that shot.
    Last edited by DFWPI; 02-16-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Trap View Post
      Is he hooked though?

He is totally hooked!

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Trap View Post
        Is he hooked though?

Glad he is hookded and congrads to him and he will just want to keep getting more and more.

Speed Trap is right but what I heard was alot of arrow drag during the draw. May look into seeing where that is coming from and quit it down.

Comment

Congrats and welcome him to the bowhunters fraternity!

Comment

Working...
          X