Selling guns to Cabelas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling guns to Cabelas

Has anybody sold a gun to Cabelas? Are they fair on price? Gift card, check, or cash?

probably do better selling them to an individual

Comment

When I worked at gander mountain several years ago we’d start at about half of what the gun was actually worth. I lost out on several sales because I would flat out tell customers not to sell to us. Few still did but most left and bought a gun from us anyways

Comment

I've traded with them before. It's usually a little better than a pawn shop, plus you save on the sales tax of the trade in. I think I got about 75% of the retail value at the time. And yes, they will give you cash on the spot if that's what you want.

The Gun Library is actually a separate business from the retail store. Your trade value is only good for another gun, you can't use the value to buy other stuff in the store.

Comment

They low ball you bad. I've seen a few folks sell to them. I shoulda spoke up. I'd have paid a good bit more but didn't want to tick them off lol

Comment

I read one time that they offer 60% of its value... depending on condition. I tried to trade one in once and it was about that...

Comment

Thanks for the input. Might have to list them here.

Comment

You’re going to get more money from an individual sale. Always surprised when people say they low ball you or try to rip you off. They’re going to resell the gun so of course you’re not going to get market value from them

Comment

Working...
                X