Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I guess the AR needs to go in the truck now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I guess the AR needs to go in the truck now?

Would probably be my last option, but man I would hate to get stuck in some of the situations I see on TV.

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
    Would probably be my last option, but man I would hate to get stuck in some of the situations I see on TV.
    I definitely agree.

Comment

better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.. I keep a pistol, an ar with 3 mags, and a med kit in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
        Not a bad idea, but don't leave it in there if you value it. The only issue that I see that could lead to potential rioting in Texas is the funeral in Houston later this week. That being said, ANTIFA seems to understand what would happen here if they got a little too festive.

Comment

Im traveling this week to the ranch. Ill be taking back roads to avoid Houston and San Antonio and ill also be well armed.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            Not a bad idea, but don't leave it in there if you value it. The only issue that I see that could lead to potential rioting in Texas is the funeral in Houston later this week. That being said, ANTIFA seems to understand what would happen here if they got a little too festive.
            <scratches head> Have you not watched your local, regional or state news?

A man was nearly killed defending his store in Dallas, building in San Antonio damaged, and I’m fairly certain there is some of that in Houston & Austin too

Comment

It's a crazy situation to think about; however, if I am going to be dragged out of my truck and beat to death it will be over a pile of spent shell casings.

Comment

Folding stock, suppressed, pistol length 300blk with subsonic ammo has been my corona gun of choice. I tell my wife I’m not going deaf defending toilet paper.
                Seeing some of those crowds on freeways makes my 9mm g43 concealed gun seem woefully inadequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                  It's a crazy situation to think about; however, if I am going to be dragged out of my truck and beat to death it will be over a pile of spent shell casings.
                  Same here.

Comment

I agree with the value part of it.

If my AR hadn't been lost in a tragic boating accident it would be worth a fair penny.

If my 870 hadn't been lost in the above boating accident it would be loaded with 1&3/4 inch buckshot from an extended tube.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      <scratches head> Have you not watched your local, regional or state news?

A man was nearly killed defending his store in Dallas, building in San Antonio damaged, and I’m fairly certain there is some of that in Houston & Austin too
                      And this is small potatoes compared to other urban areas. If they came down my street, it would look like a scene from "Blackhawk Down." Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin are not Minneapolis, Detroit, DC, and Philly. The kind of thing that is going on there would be a bloodbath for the perpetrators here.

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
                        Folding stock, suppressed, pistol length 300blk with subsonic ammo has been my corona gun of choice. I tell my wife I’m not going deaf defending toilet paper.
                        Seeing some of those crowds on freeways makes my 9mm g43 concealed gun seem woefully inadequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        It might buy you a second or two to dig out the 300.

Comment

I see some comments above that make me think.

First off, its not a war zone. I live southwest of Houston and work at hobby airport. I've lived in alberquque and the Washington DC area while in the airforce. Both were rough towns.

They all have their issues.

Bottom line, situational awareness and knowing where you shouldn't be is your best protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

First off, its not a war zone. I live southwest of Houston and work at hobby airport. I've lived in alberquque and the Washington DC area while in the airforce. Both were rough towns.

Bottom line, situational awareness and knowing where you shouldn't be is your best protection.

This is always the best route. I see these 'normal-looking' people that end up in these large crowds. I live in Tomball and do not plan on driving anywhere that would put me in this situation. The thing is if you are surrounded you better have thought about how you will get out alive. This is the same type of mental preparation that most concealed carriers think about, just a diff scenario.

Comment

I worked in the Pawn industry for 15 years. Unfortunately got to see some of the worse neighborhoods in America and learned to never put my guard down.
                              Originally posted by Slick8 View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X