Septic System for the deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Septic System for the deer lease

Well, finished my new septic system for my camper at our deer lease. Bought 2 - 55 gallon plastic barrels and 2 - 3" pvc pipes and a few other parts and brought my best shovels. We don't have any heavy equipment available so its blood sweat and tears. Dug the main trench last weekend and it took 1/2 a day to finish the hole for the 1st barrel and then two days and a little help from some of my older friends to fill it in.

These were the only pics we took of the progress and one of our lunch after filling it in!

Here is the link on YouTube I used for the inside of the 1st barrel.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8YpYmGTigI"]How to INSTALL Your OWN Septic Tank | Septic System Install | Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

As you can see from the weather behind out flags, we got finished just before the storms & hail hit!
    Attached Files

Very nice. Need to put one in for my cabin at the deer lease.

Comment

Kicking up an old thread - looking for some more pictures from anyone who has done the 55 gal barrel dea.

I am looking at doing one on a lease property, and was curious if you drill holes in the 55gal barrel that collects the solids?

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
        Kicking up an old thread - looking for some more pictures from anyone who has done the 55 gal barrel dea.

I am looking at doing one on a lease property, and was curious if you drill holes in the 55gal barrel that collects the solids?
        We constructed 2 like that over the years. No holes in ours for the solid tank, but we did put RidX in it pretty routinely and made sure that there was plenty of water added in. Neither lease was going to be super long term (7+ years or so) and never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
          We constructed 2 like that over the years. No holes in ours for the solid tank, but we did put RidX in it pretty routinely and made sure that there was plenty of water added in. Neither lease was going to be super long term (7+ years or so) and never had an issue.
          Thanks -my plan would be to run only the cabin toilet into the septic, and let the kitchen and bathroom sinks, and shower, just run into a pipe that drains away from the house.

Hopefully a 55gal barrel, and about an 8' leech line will suffice.

Comment

We just put in a complete septic system over the weekend. We ran toilets to the tank and ran shower sink to 55gal drums. We did a 6’X6’ square hole. Put about 16-18” of sewer rock under the barrel. Placed the barrel upside down and drilled holes on top 1/3 of the barrel, which is now facing down toward the bottom of the hole. Used a hole saw to cut a hole for the pipe to enter the side of the barrel. Filled in the whole with sewer rock then placed filter fabric on top of the rock. Topped it off with about 18” of top soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I’ve done this. We have tons of rock.

Comment

thanks for the pictures. Yall did it right with the big tank. How much was that concrete tank?

I may rent a small back hoe w/ the rocky soil - but will probably be limited to what I can lift and haul on a single axle trailer.

Comment

We had to get an inspection done by the county, which we passed!! Tank was $1,200.00

Comment

Our lease in Tyler county was heavy red clay I drilled about a 6 foot deep hole with a 24 inch auger pot a sheet of plywood ever it and ran sewer pipe directly into hole.5 or 6 people used it every weekend during hunting season for about 5 years.No shower or sink just the toilet.Worked until we put a conventional system for shower and sinks.

Comment

Don’t let the TNRCC see this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              Don’t let the TNRCC see this thread.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title. Sometimes we forget we’re not sitting in front of a campfire and swapping stories with our hunting buddies. What y’all put on this site is public and can get you in trouble if the right, or wrong, people see it

Comment

Working...
                              X