2006 F250 6.0 L King Ranch Edition 4WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 F250 6.0 L King Ranch Edition 4WD

That’s a tough one. I’m a big time 7.3 guy myself (See my Kevlar build thread on here). The 6.0 has some improvements from the 7.3 like transmission cooler and some other stuff but then it kind of fell on its face when people started blowing head gaskets and having to replace injectors immediately upon purchasing the trucks. BUT, if it’s been bullet proofed and the injectors test fine it’s probably fine. My buddy has a nice 6.0 with high miles thats never even had a hiccup. I guess it’s luck of the draw. As for price....I’d just research the market and see what you think. It’s worth whatever you’re willing to pay for it. Just leave some room for maintenance costs. You WILL have some at that mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      She’s finished, runs great
      Body doesn't look like it has almost 250k miles. I love that big truck look

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks great.

Comment

Great looking truck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For some reason I’ve not heard “bulletproofing”...is this something specific or just the general term for tune up?

Comment

14yo truck with a 1/4 million miles- I would think somewhere closer to $6k....

Comment

[QUOTE=Jmh05;14946154]For some reason I’ve not heard “bulletproofing”...is this something specific or just the general term for tune up?

It is having the factory oil cooler, egr cooler, FICM power supply, water pump and head studs replaced. They were all problematic from the factory on the 6.0 ford diesel.

Comment

I have a 2006 6.0 with over 250k as my daily driver. I think the biggest issue for these trucks is if someone ran a hot tune in them. If the horse power has never been cranked up a bullet proofed one will run a long time. That said I think it may be a little high price wise. Truck is old.

Comment

[quote=jgard2522;14946183]
                    Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                    For some reason I’ve not heard “bulletproofing”...is this something specific or just the general term for tune up?

It is having the factory oil cooler, egr cooler, FICM power supply, water pump and head studs replaced. They were all problematic from the factory on the 6.0 ford diesel.
                    Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

The 6.0 engines are junk and need a whole lot of work to keep them from destroying themselves.

Bulletproofing is basically a group of items that can be done that sometimes can keep the engine from destroying itself, othertimes not so much.

Having said that my old mans 6.0 that he gave to my nephew is still on the road. It was bone stock most of its life and was trouble free until a youngster started beating on it. Its now bulletproofed.

The ford 6.0 is notorious for problems though. Do a search and im sure you will find plenty of 6.0 owners losing their minds over it.

No way id buy one.

Comment

I ended up passing on the truck. Again, thank you for all of the info. I can always rely on the GS for reliable/real world info!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sahunter View Post
                          I ended up passing on the truck. Again, thank you for all of the info. I can always rely on the GS for reliable/real world info!!!
                          Smart man!

Comment

Working...
                          X