Help with a gas range.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a gas range.

I got a gas range off of a fellow TBH’er and I am converting it from natural gas to propane.

I flipped the cap in the regulator as the instructions noted and bought new orifices for the oven and 4 burners. When I hooked it up to propane, the 4 burners work as they should, but when I try to light the oven, the ignitor gets glowing red hot, but the gas never turns on.

Any ideas?

Is there actual fuel/gas coming out of the oven burner??

Comment

Some ofifices for the oven are adjustable, they have a needle under them and you screw the orifice down to cut back the gas. I have tightened a few down too much and it cuts off the gas, you might back the orifice off a couple of turns and try it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
        Some ofifices for the oven are adjustable, they have a needle under them and you screw the orifice down to cut back the gas. I have tightened a few down too much and it cuts off the gas, you might back the orifice off a couple of turns and try it.
        Thanks, I actually thought of this and tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Is there actual fuel/gas coming out of the oven burner??
          No.

Comment

Nevermind.

Comment

You need a new ignition. I just did this. It’ll get red and glow but not hot enough to open the gas valve. Simple fix. Youtube it.

Comment

Check the electical connector at the gas valve, tap on the gas valve it could be stuck shut. Google will tell you but you can check the millivolts coming off of the ignitor to see if it is working.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

Working...
                  X