1000lb- 1500lb feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    I do not have pictures right now but we built 3 feeders out of stainless steel containers that were used in some factory. They were ideal, all we did was add legs and a lid and a drop tube, they had a cone bottom and sight glass on all sides, they hold about 2000 lbs and total cost was less than 400.00 each. The containers are located in Muenster, I think they are still for sale if anyone interested let me know I will check.
    I'm interested. Will you get the info please?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
      I'm interested. Will you get the info please?
      I may be going to the ranch this weekend, I will try to get a picture of the feeder and a contact # of the owner.

Comment

good looking feeders!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          I may be going to the ranch this weekend, I will try to get a picture of the feeder and a contact # of the owner.
          Thanks

Comment

I was gonna buy a used 500 gallon propane tank and cut it in half to make two feeders. The ends should funnel on their own. I would just turn the halfs up and weld some legs on them. They should each hold about 1500 to 1600 lbs. I don't know, just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by DCBHA View Post
              I was gonna buy a used 500 gallon propane tank and cut it in half to make two feeders. The ends should funnel on their own. I would just turn the halfs up and weld some legs on them. They should each hold about 1500 to 1600 lbs. I don't know, just a thought.
              WORKS LIKE A CHARM!! Just fill tanks with water BEFORE cutting them open and leave it full of water while its being cut!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will post some pictures when the feeder is finished... Thanks again CLiff

Comment

I am thinking about building one of these. I think I can build it cheaper than buy one.

Comment

Working...
                  X