No announcement yet.

Blaze Orange and Public Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear my orange vest and hat but I wear my safety harness vest over the orange vest, which covers alot of the orange. I wonder if I could get a ticket for this?

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      I was wearing orange and was shot at in SHNF. I recommend also wearing one of those orange bike flags and an air raid siren just in case.
      You need to elaborate some more on this....

Comment

I wear a blaze camo vest and hat whenever I hunt any public land. I have also never found it to be much of a handicap. Many times deer have looked my way and they seem like they look right through me. It never seemed to alarm them as long as I have something behind me to break up my outline.

Comment

I allways go in in the dark but I wear it coming out in the afternoon.

Comment

i wore it around wright-patman lake outside texarkana the few times i hunted during gun season. i tried to wait till full darkness before leaving my spot cuz those people are crazyyy when gun season opens ! sounded likea war zone last opening week-end i was out in the woods there. BTW, that was the LAST opening gun week-end i hunted on public land. i swear heard a full-automatic go off that morning....TWICE !!

Comment

I wear mine all the time.

Comment

i wear mine. have heard that the gw will write tickets where i hunt, but have not tested him

i thought that it wasnt required for the dove only spots, but will re-read the regs (as i do every year)

Comment

I wear mine.

Comment

Always wear mine. Never had a problem. Harvested deer last year.

Comment

I always wear a hat & vest

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman View Post
                        I wear my orange vest and hat but I wear my safety harness vest over the orange vest, which covers alot of the orange. I wonder if I could get a ticket for this?
                        One of my hunting buddies put on a pancho when it started raining on his way out of the woods. Got a ticket. Another person told me he got wrote up for not wearing his orange right beside his truck as he was putting his gear away.

In Sabine they require it and they WILL write you in a heartbeat if you're not wearing it. In all the years I hunted there I've only seen a few that haven't worn theirs. Seriously make sure all your i's are dotted and t's crossed in Sabine. The federal game wardens are by far the worst and I've seen them every year the last 3 years up there.

Comment

Hat and Vest for both me and my kid. TO NOT wear it on public land where any jack wad with a gun can hunt.....is just palin stupid. A deer ain't worth die for!!

Comment

Working...
                          X