No announcement yet.

TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding with the Pearland Cycle Club this Saturday. Really tuning up for the CB&I Tri in the Woodlands in May so swimming and running too. I really prefer shorter distances at a faster pace than extended rides. That said, the Ft. Davis Loop looks cool and I do have mounts to pickup this fall and could do both!

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
      Cool thread Jerp, also crazy the young man died of cardiac arrest, can a healthy person die from going too hard or was there likely something else that caused this?
      It will be interesting to see cause of death - I haven't heard anything about autopsy results. It may just have been an undetected heart condition. However back in the early days of doping with EPO (late 80's-early 90's) a couple of dozen European riders died of heart failure until they figured out how much you could take to improve performance without killing yourself.

Comment

I’ve got a easy 30mi ride planned this afternoon. I’ve decided that I’m going to do the Memorial Hermann Ironman in The Woodlands next year so I need to get my bike and run endurance up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
          Cool thread Jerp, also crazy the young man died of cardiac arrest, can a healthy person die from going too hard or was there likely something else that caused this?
          I remember when my sister was a junior in college she was at a basketball game and the center who was 20 had a heart attack and died on the free throw line. If I remember correctly it was cardiac arrest caused by a small hole in his heart. He was such an elite athlete his whole life it was never detected

I hope this guy didn’t die from PED use but epo and anavar are still pretty prevelant from my understanding

Comment

I have started ordering parts for a full suspension carbon fiber build. It will be a 27.5/650B bike, on a Boost frame, with 130mm of travel. It is too much fun putting parts together on a custom build.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              I have started ordering parts for a full suspension carbon fiber build. It will be a 27.5/650B bike, on a Boost frame, with 130mm of travel. It is too much fun putting parts together on a custom build.
              I did that with my last road bike. Built it over a year and was really happy with it till my wife asked what the total of the build was... she still doesn’t know the real number. I miss that bike

I need to get a mtn bike again but the trinity trail here in FW has been good lately for my roadie and the short rides I’ve been doing

Comment

Well I have put it off long enough. I spent the weekend tuning up the ol’ road machine - my first ride of 2018 begins at dawn!

Comment

I want to get a group together one weekend for a mountain bike trail party. Beer, BBQ, camping, and single track.

Comment

I would really like to get a group of guys together for a lunker ride. That's a ride on a $100 or less mountain bike of at least 7 miles. Lets see what we can maim or kill, lmao

Comment

Be careful out there. This guy wasn't and blew through a stop sign.

Comment

Any recommendations on a good entry level full carbon road bike? Anything to stay away from?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                          Any recommendations on a good entry level full carbon road bike? Anything to stay away from?
                          My Look was my favorite bike I've been on, I regret selling it. Here is the newer version of what I had

It's like a bow, do your research but also take time to ride a couple different models/brands at a good bike shop so you get one that is comfortable.

those are all in the price range we talked about before. Make sure you budget in shoes, pedals and some riding gear

Comment

Great thread! Just keep peddling guys, keep peddling!!

I ride a Rocky Mountain Vertex 930 Hardtail, and have a great time with my Son and others hitting the MTB trails around DFW.

I did NorthShore yesterday right at 20 miles of single track with some cool technical aspects on the West end, then today I did 3 laps a Quanah Hill and right at 21 miles.

My last TMBRA XC Race is this coming weekend at Warda, TX then I will shift all of my focus to the "24 hours in the Canyon" which is a 24hr endurance race that raises money for a Cancer Charity that helps Cancer Survivor's and their Families and takes place June 2nd and 3rd in Palo Duro Canyon. If anyone would like to make a donation to the charity shoot me a PM and I'll point you in the right way, every dollar counts and is for a good cause.

I lost my Father to Cancer on May 4th just a few days before his 75th birthday, this race is personal..

Just get out and Ride, keep peddling, be safe and have fun.

Comment

National Bike to Work Day, May 18, 2018.

That is this Friday.
                              Dust off your machine and check the tires.
                              Be safe and let's go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	strava1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	24539525

Comment

Originally posted by clark View Post
                                national bike to work day, may 18, 2018.

That is this friday.
                                Dust off your machine and check the tires.
                                Be safe and let's go. :d
                                [ATTACH]908395[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X