What is your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your opinion?

I am looking at getting another bow for my backup or to use as primary and move my switchback to back up. I have found a few here and there and was wondering what yalls opinions are of just the bows that I will list. I hunt mainly around Tom Green county if that will help your selection at all. Thanks for the input I cant wait to hear what some of you guys think.

The Bows:
    Mathews LX
    Mathews FX
    Mathews Black Max 2
    Mathews Legacy
    Mathews Reezen 6.5

none are as good as an Elite GT 500

Comment

Why would you need a backup for a Mathews

They NEVER break , unless they a pressed wrong

Comment

kinda looks like you already made up your mind. all those bows are just about the same.

Comment

i know they are all similar but of theses which do the green screeners like

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
            none are as good as an Elite GT 500

I used to have one of those.

Comment

The Legacy was one of the smoothest shooting bows that Mathews ever made. You can find them pretty cheap if you look around. The LX was also a really good bow. The Reezen would be and upgrade from your Switchback.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                The Legacy was one of the smoothest shooting bows that Mathews ever made. You can find them pretty cheap if you look around. The LX was also a really good bow. The Reezen would be and upgrade from your Switchback.
                I myself wouldnt even consider the reezen, that was one of the worst feeling bow I have ever shot fron Mathews. I believe I would choose a Legacy out of your list. That however is just my opinion.

Comment

Hoyt, In all my days of Compounds I've only owned 3 of them
                  Proforce 20 yrs, Ultratec, 10 yrs, Vectrix 5 yrs.
                  Still have all 3 in the cave, all can be called to duty at any time.

**This opinion and $6 will get you a cup of Starbucks coffee**

Comment

I would probably go with the LX myself.

Todd

Comment

I had the FX forgot about that little bow man have things came a long way since then!

Comment

Why do you need a backup bow? Just a few days ago you were a college student in dire need of a job. Save you money and but it in the bank. You can worry about back ups after you get your degree.

You already replaced your bow that was stolen last week?
                        Last edited by Burnadell; 10-21-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I noticed that Bowtech was not on your list, so I feel compelled to give you my opinion on that. Don't limit yourself to just one brand. If you have tried the others and like mathews better, then go for it. There are alot of bows that shoot better when paired with the right archer.

Comment

Originally posted by B Randell View Post
                            Why do you need a backup bow? Just a few days ago you were a college student in dire need of a job. Save you money and but it in the bank. You can worry about back ups after you get your degree.

You already replaced your bow that was stolen last week?
                            Dang B you got a good memory!

And sound financial advice!

Comment

Originally posted by VorTexan View Post
                              Dang B you got a good memory!

And sound financial advice!
                              I had the right to remain silent, but I di....

Comment

Working...
                              X