No announcement yet.

Free Hunters Education for Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool! Will be bringing mine to this next year if it is offered again. Thanks!!

Comment

This is a great opportunity to get your kids certified. My wife took the July class with my daughter and son. They said it held their attention and even fed them lunch. At the end of the class they had a drawing for a gun or a deer hunt donated by Bill Carter (Carters Country). My daughter was drawn for the deer hunt and cannot wait. She asks to practice shooting every chance she gets.
      I don't know who is more excited her or me!

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
        This is a great opportunity to get your kids certified. My wife took the July class with my daughter and son. They said it held their attention and even fed them lunch. At the end of the class they had a drawing for a gun or a deer hunt donated by Bill Carter (Carters Country). My daughter was drawn for the deer hunt and cannot wait. She asks to practice shooting every chance she gets.
        Very cool, Congrats to your daughter

Comment

This is an awesome offer just saw it now. My nephew's are signed up for a September class in Katy somewhere but this closer to home. Forwarded the link to their mom

Comment

So glad your kiddo had the luck of the Irish!!! [emoji106] [emoji122] The kids and parents were AWESOME and look i forward to our 2nd class which will be in Cypress. Thx for letting me know Jon Paul [emoji4] .Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1469565769959.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	24453489

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
              That's awesomeness! she and YOU should be excited...........always a great CULL deer from Mr. Carters ranch.
              Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
              Very cool! Will be bringing mine to this next year if it is offered again. Thanks!!
              Our next class is August 6th in Cypress, Tx. (Fairfeild)
              Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
              This is an awesome offer just saw it now. My nephew's are signed up for a September class in Katy somewhere but this closer to home. Forwarded the link to their mom
              Hope to have them in attendance. Right now we have about 135 registered for August 6th!

Comment

Just curious JP, is this the field day as well? My son has done the on-line Hunters Ed but it says he must complete a field day. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by whackem and stackem View Post
                  Just curious JP, is this the field day as well? My son has done the on-line Hunters Ed but it says he must complete a field day. Can you elaborate?
                  Our hunters education course is ALL classroom instruction. No field time. We start PROMPTLY at 8 am and testing starts about 4:00 pm and finishes the day around 5:30pm. We have gotten many families that have done the online portion and end up with us anyway. Long day but with door prizes, lunch and GRAND prizes it goes pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Our hunters education course is ALL classroom instruction. No field time. We start PROMPTLY at 8 am and testing starts about 4:00 pm and finishes the day around 5:30pm. We have gotten many families that have done the online portion and end up with us anyway. Long day but with door prizes, lunch and GRAND prizes it goes pretty fast.
                    Thanks Oscar,
                    Where do ya'll typically send the students to finish their field day once they get their HE Cert?

Comment

Originally posted by whackem and stackem View Post
                      Thanks Oscar,
                      Where do ya'll typically send the students to finish their field day once they get their HE Cert?
                      No field time required and certificate is given with a passing grade for the course. TPWD administers the course on our behalf and we pay all fees associated with the class directly to them.

Comment

Thanks for posting up. My son and I have registered for the August 6 class. He is 10 and excited to be going.

Comment

Originally posted by texbama View Post
                          Thanks for posting up. My son and I have registered for the August 6 class. He is 10 and excited to be going.

Comment

Originally posted by texbama View Post
                            Look forward to meeting you guys!!!

Comment

Well, we added another 175 or so new hunters to the roll's on yesterday!!! Thanks to the mom's & dad's that supported their kids.............and even to the parents that decided to also get their Hunter Safety card.

Comment

Good meeting you yesterday Oscar. The wings and boudin balls were very tasty. Thank you and all the SCI guys how volunteered there Saturday to put this on for the youth. It was a long day but well worth it. Oh by the way safe travels to you and your family today Oscar and War Eagle. Your daughter is going to love Auburn.

Comment

Working...
                                X