My New Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Blind

My parents recently had a nice axis buck start showing up at the feeder where they watch deer behind their house. Even though they have never let me hunt there they decided to let me try to take that axis. I set up my pop up blind and had a close encounter with him but never got a shot. He quit showing up but I decided to make a new blind to leave down there in case he or something else interesting ever shows back up. I wanted to make one that plenty sturdy but also light enough to move around if I needed to. I decided to use the metal I already had on hand as well as all the carpet I had left from my cattle panel blind projects. I made it an octagon 6' wide and over 6' tall. All I ended up having to buy was a 50' roll of welded wire fencing, a few cans of spray paint, and a good strong canvas tarp.

Looks good Jeff! You know a REAL welder cuz he's got duct tape covering the bare spots on his leads! Hope ya get em. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Are axis just running amuck in some Texas areas? I've never seen one outside a high fence ranch.

Sweet blind!!

Comment

Did you hinge the door? Or did you just wire the cattle panel. I have been thinking about making something like this myself

Comment

I just wired the cattle panel piece to the metal. That's the same way I've made all my panel blinds also.

Comment

I'm thinking about making one with a hay ring with cattle panel wrapped around it. Roof is going to be the hard part. Blind looks good!

Comment

Turned out great Jeff!!

Comment

Looks good Jeff.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                    Are axis just running amuck in some Texas areas? I've never seen one outside a high fence ranch.

Sweet blind!!

Yes! There are very large free ranging herds of axis in parts of Texas!

Nice work, Jeff!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
                      I'm thinking about making one with a hay ring with cattle panel wrapped around it. Roof is going to be the hard part. Blind looks good!
                      Maybe Beach or Patio umbrella

Comment

Nice

Comment

Your blinds just keep getting better and better. Nice work Jeff

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Saved you a bunch of money there; nice build.

Comment

Working...
                              X